Turbo is an Audio Unit effect plugin with a unique sound manipulation technology: waveshape modelling. Essentially, Turbo takes the input signal and directly bends its shape using one of its eight sine-based transfer functions, vastly enriching the spectral content with new harmonics. Combined with smooth low-pass and high-pass filters, waveshape modelling allows you to turn any simple sound into a completely new, rich textures with incredible density and character. Moreover, all the vibrations and beatings in the original signal are emphasised and create wobbling, growling or even screaming effects. Turbo also features a multi-waveform LFO and a Lorenz attractor for adding extra motion, and all its controls are wrapped into an incredibly fun, colour-coded interface with great visual feedback.
What can it do?
- Create unique, complex new sounds out of most basic waveforms such as saw, triangle and square.
- Turn simple synth and bass instruments into very powerful growling, pulsating or wobbling sounds.
- Completely resynthesise and transform electronic drum loops.
- Eight waveshape modelling algorithms.
- Input -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter.
- Output -12 dB/octave high-pass filter.
- Tempo-synchronised LFO generator with four waveform types.
- Lorenz attractor modulation generator.