|Product||TX16Wx Software Sampler|
|Type / Tags|
OS X 10.7
TX16Wx Software Sampler is a VSTi Sampler with professional features and an easy to use graphical interface. Built to mimic the best aspects of hardware samplers, but with the quick and easy operation of modern software. An instrument not for preset players, but people who enjoy making, tweaking and playing their own samples.
- Re-sizable, flexible GUI
- Full Undo/Redo support.
- Built-in file browser with wave preview.
- Fully skinnable.
- Program icons.
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony
- 6/12/24dB resonant filters.
Low-, high, band- and allpass.
Notch, peak, low- and highshelf.
- Two syncable LFOs per voice.
- Two Modulation Envelopes per voice.
- Three Step Sequence LFOs per voice.
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice.
- Multiple keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- 8 choke groups per program.
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Polyphony limit per channel.
VST micro tuning support.
- 6/12/24dB resonant filters.
- Built-in sample editor
- Automatic, interactive Loop Slicing + slice mapping.
- Actually Samples. Record audio straight into the sampler.
- Automatic pitch detection.
- Automatic keyboard layout.
- Loop tools.
- Loop cross fading.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave.
- Trim, cut, duplicate.
- Pitch detection.
- Tempo detection.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Automatic + token based sample layout.
- Flexible drag & drop-based group edit.
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI.
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks.
- Multiple outputs
- 4 Stereo + 8 Mono outputs.
- Individual output mapping for key groups (drums).
- 16 mappable controllers for automation.
- 128 mappable VST parameters for automation.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading.
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- SoundFont 2.
- SFZ Files.
- Logic EXS.
- Akai AKP.
- Ogg Vorbis.
- Typhoon compressed AIF files.
- Original Yamaha OS Wave files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format.
- Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- 64-bit support.
- Windows / Mac OS X support.
- Style sheet based skinning.
- Nice sound.
Reviewed By Sidom
March 3, 2018
TX16Wx is overlooked and underrated, despite being the best software sampler today. And I'm not even talking about the Pro version – the free version can easily compete with commercial products. To my mind, it has everything you need for creative sampling:
- Fast workflow.
- The fact that it actually SAMPLES: you don't necessarily have to use samples – you can record your own sounds straight into TX16Wx and start editing them right away.
- Great looking GUI (which is also resizable and customizable).
- Huge feature list that ensures comprehensive sound design and sample editing possibilities.
- Low CPU usage (though it can be quite high if you decide to use extreme quality settings).
TX16Wx doesn't have a 100 GB sample library because it was never intended to. It's purpose is to bring back the joy of creative sampling. And I believe TX16Wx serves its purpose really well.
Although it is a feature-packed sampler, don't be intimidated and discouraged – you don't need to use all of its features. In fact, thanks to flexible GUI, TX16Wx can be as simple as a sampler can get: just hide the panels that you don't want to use – this way you will have less complex GUI and faster workflow. Also, as always – make sure to read the manual before using it.
Finally, it has active support and the Pro version is very reasonably priced, so if you like using TX16Wx free, I think you should definitely support the developer by purchasing the Pro version.Read more