The UR22 features 192 kHz audio quality, USB 2.0 connectivity, MIDI input/output alongside two combo inputs with D-PRE microphone preamps and line outputs. Its portable size and solid build make it an ideal choice for mobile setups and small-spaced recording studios.
On the front side of the UR22 interface, two Neutrik combo connectors provide microphone and line input, each with gain control and peak indicators plus an additional high-impedance switch on the second input. The panel also includes a headphones output with a dedicated volume control, a master output volume control and a mix knob for hardware-based zero-latency monitoring. The rear panel features two balanced line outputs, MIDI input/output connectors, a phantom power switch enabling +48 Volt supply on both channels and the USB 2.0 port for high-speed connectivity to PCs and Mac computers.
The UR22's full-metal chassis houses studio-grade converters, delivering pristine sonic fidelity with a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz and a 24-bit resolution. Yamaha's discrete Class-A analog D-PRE preamps ensure sound quality on top of the stable gain required by microphone signals.
Features at a glance:
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface.
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48V phantom power.
- 2 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 2 for electric guitar), 2 TRS line outputs.
- MIDI input and output.
- Headphones jack with independent level control.
- Zero-latency hardware monitoring with mix balance knob.
- USB-powered for mobile recordings.
- Rugged full-metal housing.
- Cross-platform compatibility with major recording software applications and best performance with included Cubase AI music software.