|Price (MSRP)||Free / included in Usine Hollyhock license|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Important: This is the old version 5 of Usine, replaced now by Usine Hollyhock
Usine is a universal audio software application designed for live or studio utilization.
Usine is made by musicians and audio engineers to respond to their specific problems in domains like live sampling, effect processing or sound design. Sensomusic describes Usine as a "real" musical instrument - flexible and powerful if you like to transform or resample the sound on stage (not only push the play button of your sequencer), improvise and create unusual effects.
Usine is patch oriented sound software where you can add plug-ins and connect them without restriction. The main purpose of this program is to provide a real time analysis of an input signal and then react with, and modify plug-in parameters to produce the sound.
- Build modular sound processing: create patches with "modules" and connect them by virtual wires very simply.
- Analyse input or generated sound, for example pitch, peaks or dynamics, to create adaptive effects; modify any parameter in real time.
- Use the built-in virtual mixing table to mix the sound produced by different patches on each track (up to 16).
- Create huge, creative or stupid audio routing within the mixing table. For example, routing a patch output to another patch input, or create a virtual master effect send and return, etc.
- Manage 16 external audio sources (8 stereo) and apply different effects to any of them.
- Create flexible Surround or 5.1 projects: all audio tracks are 5.1 or 6.0. The output sound can routed to any of the 16 available outputs, depending on your sound card.
- Create inserts patches on any input / output channels. For example a master limiter or a master reverb.
- Complete VST processing: You can use any VST instrument or effect in patches and modify any VST Parameter in real time. Create a front-end simple interface.
- Complete MIDI automation: assign any Usine visual object to a MIDI controller very simply by using the MIDI-learn command. Complete integration of motorized external controllers.
- Complete MIDI input/output management, for VSTi instruments or external expanders.
- Load up to 256 patches in memory in a "grid" and activate them as you want in real time.
- Synchronize patches and VST plug-ins with a master tempo. Use unusual and absurd tempo from 0 to 10000000000.
- Record your creations directly on the hard disk in real time: separate tracks, inputs and outputs.
- All Usine functions are "real-time", and you can resample, modify, input sound on the fly.
- Save patches, complete workspaces, and configurations, for a very quick adaptation to different projects.
- Use any sample rate, depending on your ASIO sound card.
- Usine has a 32-bit floating point audio engine.
Reviewed By damstraversaz
December 6, 2007
I'm not a sound designer and I don't search the most complicated sound of the world , i'm just a musicien who want to use incoming midi or audio and play with these, like I play with my instruments. I do not want to be locked up by a system of pattern ( like ableton live , a very nice software for live looping and electro music) but sometimes I need this system and usine is able to do this. Olivier Sens is the developper of this beauty and i think first a musician . you feel that when you work with usine.
Usine is unique so please try it , there is a free version !
near perfect. very clear, and very easy to use in live situation. you can do a midi learn or key learn on every control with a right clic.a lot of possibilities: grid ( like ableton live) sequencer and live (mix of both)
you can do what you want so in my opinion that's perfect.
very good . the manual is exellent, and there is a lot of tutorials
patchs and a lot of addon are present with a huge variety of sound ( from loop tools to crasy fx. If you buy it, you can access to a lot of another addon's.
olivier is fantastic and the support is perfect.there is a new version each month !
value for money
forfree or 50 euros that's the best vfm I know in the market.
I never have a problem actually.
Usine is actually the most fantastic audio and midi soft I know.nothing more.Read more