VAZ 2010 is a VA softsynth (and more) with a high degree of flexibility. Oscillators are capable of both VA waveforms and sample playback with wavetable scanning. The 22 filter modes cover a range of distinctive characters such as the Type K and R modes. Modulation is freely patchable and purely audio-rate so analogue-style FM, filter FM and amplifier AM are all possible. Polyphonic unison takes the size of sounds to the next level and synths can be layered and effects added in the mixer. A step sequencer and arpeggiator are also included which can combine to create rhythmic arpeggiations.
- Oscillators 1 & 2 with variable saw/triangle, variable pulse, multi-saw and sample playback with multi-sampling and wavetable scanning.
- Ring Modulator, Noise and External Input.
- Filter with 22 modes including Type K and Type R analogue emulation modes for a huge range of character.
- Amplifier with integrated overdrive and pan modulation for stereo effects.
- LFOs 1 & 2 with waveforms including saw, triangle, pulse, sine and tempo sync.
- LFO 1 can be switched to work as Oscillator 3, LFO 2 also has rate modulation.
- Envelopes 1 & 2 with cycling and modulation of envelope times on Envelope 2.
- LFO 3, Mod Amplifiers 1 & 2, Lag Processor.
- Polyphonic Unison i.e. 8 notes each with 4 stacked voices, comprehensive mono note priority options.
- Analogue-style step sequencer with digital step sequencer influences such as slide between notes.
- Arpeggiator with selectable direction modes and octave range.
- Mixer to combine 16 synths, which can be multi-timbral or layered and add both built-in and plug-in effects.