|Product||Vienna Ensemble PRO|
|Developer||Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL)|
|Type / Tags|
Vienna Ensemble PRO 6 is a cross-platform MIDI and audio LAN solution that works universally on Macs and PCs, hosting Vienna Instruments as well as third-party 64-bit and 32-bit AU (Mac) and VSTi (PC) plug-ins.
Use it as a host on the same computer as your sequencer to integrate all your 64-bit and 32-bit instruments and effect plug-ins from third-party manufacturers (such as Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Waves, you name it), or use it as a master-slave solution with multiple Macs and PCs, all connected with a standard Ethernet cable. The Preserve function keeps all of your templates and samples loaded while switching from one project to another. As a Pro Tools user you may integrate your favorite AU and VSTi plug-ins in your sessions.
- Cross-platform MIDI and audio LAN solution for Macs and PCs.
- AU/VST/VST3/AAX Native/RTAS plug-in or stand-alone.
- No audio interfaces, no MIDI interfaces on your additional slave computers – All you need is Ethernet with a Gigabit connection.
- Full surround support up to 7.1 with integrated plug-ins for surround-to-surround balancing and mono/stereo-to-surround.
- 3rd party AU (Mac) and VSTi (PC) hosting – Instantiate Vienna Instruments along with other 3rd party VSTi and AU plug-ins (works with nearly all available VSTi/AU plug-ins and supports multiple outputs).
- Dual architecture servers – Run 64-bit and 32-bit Vienna Ensemble PRO Servers side-by-side on the same computer and integrate 32-bit 3rd party instruments into your 64-bit DAW and vice versa.
- VST3 and RTAS connector plug-ins – Supports up to 48 MIDI ports and 768 audio ports per instance.
- Event input plug-in – Route MIDI data from your DAW into Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 to circumvent the single MIDI port limitation under AU and VST2 formats (e.g., Logic, Digital Performer).
- Audio input plug-in – Route audio signals from your DAW into Vienna Ensemble PRO 5, e.g., to turn it into a virtual FX rack on your slave computer.
- Preserve Instance – Disconnect Vienna Ensemble PRO from your sequencer while keeping all of your instruments and samples loaded, and re-connect to a new cue or project without loading again. A huge time-saver.
- Optimize All – Clean up your RAM by purging all unused samples of all instantiated Vienna Instruments with one mouse click.
- Slave mode host tempo synchronization.
- Plug-in latency compensation ensures full sync of all plug-ins inside each Vienna Ensemble PROinstance.
- Fully mappable touch parameter automation – Control all of your plug-ins on slave computers right from your master.
- Mixer Automation – Use AU/VST/RTAS automation from your sequencer to control Vienna Ensemble PRO's mixer (volume, pan and sends).
- New post-effect plug-in rack for processing after pre-fader sends.
- Selective Project Merging – Assemble the channels of various existing projects into one new template.
- Optional one-click integration of Vienna MIR PRO (sold separately).
- EPIC ORCHESTRA included – a 9 GB orchestral bonus library.
The product comes with 3 licenses for Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 and 1 license for the included Epic Orchestra. You can set up a network of up to 4 computers (one master and 3 slaves, provided there's no Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 Server or a stand-alone version of Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 running on your master computer).