|Product||Vintage Folk Rock Kit - Kontakt Pack|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
The Vintage Folk Rock Kit Kontakt Pack is perfect for vintage, folk or indie rock tracks with a 60s / early 70s drum sound. These samples were recorded and mixed by the legendary Phill Brown (John Martyn, Bob Marley, Rolling Stones, Talk Talk, Led Zeppelin) whose indepth knowledge of recording bands in these years helped mould the sound of the kit. This kit is in fact not just one kit but three kits in one as we have recorded the articulations with sticks, brushes and hotrods.
The kit used was a vintage 1966 Ludwig Hollywood kit and it was setup and played by specialist Folk drummer Martyn Barker (Rufus Wainwright, Richard Hawley, Katherine Williams)
For the sound Phill Brown used his years of accumulated knowledge and went back to the time of the 60s when he was based at Olympic Studios. Phill's idea was to create a 1960s drum sound with a modern twist. Instead of positioning the microphones close to the kit he wanted to capture a natural drum sound and record the 'dead' room. He used only five microphones on the kit: one on the kick, the snare, two kit microphones placed around the kit which provide a surprisingly good stereo picture, and a mono overhead. All of the mics were recorded through API mic pre's.
The kit was recorded in the drier sounding room at Livingston Studios in London (we saved the brighter room for the Modern Folk Rock Kit. Although the sound is controlled, it has a great ambience around it. Livingston has been used to record a multitude of hit records over the years and is well known for being one of London's top drum rooms.
This vintage 1966 Ludwig Hollywood kit consists of a 22" x 14" kick drum, 13" x 9" and 12" x 8" rack toms and a 16" x 16" floor tom. The snare used was a 1967 Ludwig14" x 5" snare. Cymbals used were Zildjian Constantinople 14" hi-hats, a 20" flat top ride, a 17" medium thin crash and an 18" K Custom Dark crash. The kit also includes a shaker and tambourine.
The Kontakt 5 pack contains the brand new Drumdrops Kontakt Instrument which has been rebuilt completely from the ground up by our developers Divergent Audio. The new instrument comes with a completely new GUI and has many new features. Special focus has gone on the compatibility with E-Kits so e-kit owners can completely customise their kit to work perfectly with the instrument using our new MIDI CC data page. The new instrument includes many new features such as:-
* Featuring a brand new instrument completely rebuilt
* New mixer design with routing to DAW, 4 Aux Sends (2 reverbs and 2 delays)
* New Channel Effects - EQ, Compressor, Shape, Tape Control
* Mic Mix section allowing you to mix all 5 mics of the kit
* Drum Voice - edit the attack, hold, decay and tuning on each drum
* Humanize - Randomly change the volume, velocity, tuning & timing of hits.
* New Master Effects Compressor, Limiter, EQ and Crush section
* Stereo width control and L/R swap
* Improved MIDI groove player now with 2111 loops (318 Folk loops)
* New MIDI Map section for easily building and saving your own Maps
* MIDI CC Editing Page - Edit the parameters controlling the snare, hi-hat and cymbals
* The best E-Drumkit compatibility
* 23 Snapshot presets included mixed by different engineers
* 16400 samples recorded in 24 velocity step and 5 round robins
* Switch between Sticks, Hotrods and brushes.
You can see a walkthrough guide of the Kontakt Instrument here.
The Vintage Folk Rock Kit, Kontakt pack can be purchased direct from the Drumdrops website for £ 40.00.