The Virus TI line of synthesizers includes 4 different variations: two keyboard models and two desktop versions. All of these instruments produce the same award-winning sound.
Total Integration combines a hardware synth with a virtual instrument plug-in for the most powerful combination possible. Total Integration enables you to use your Virus TI hardware synthesizer just as you would use a software plug-in. Enjoy the raw horsepower and sound quality of a high end hardware synthesizer without taxing the CPU of your sequencer workstation.
Total integration has the added benefit of storing your sounds directly in the project file, eliminating the need for sysex dumps and sound mismatch problems. Lastly, the technology allows sample accurate timing - a first in the world of hardware synths.
The 4 Models:
- Virus TI Desktop: The TI Desktop features an all-metal enclosure with a wooden strip on the front. Loads of knobs and buttons give direct access to the most important sound shaping parameters. Like all other Virus TI synthesizers, a stereo analogue input offers the power to process external signals through the Virus' sound engine. An optional 19" rack mounting kit is available for purchase.
- Virus TI Snow: Its compact form factor makes the TI Snow an ideal choice for traveling musicians. Its footprint is not larger than an issue of Mix Magazine. Nevertheless it features the exact same sound engine of its bigger brothers with about 50% of the voice count. The patch select buttons make searching for the right sound a breeze and allow you to access any of the 1024 internal patches with four or fewer button clicks.
- Virus TI Keyboard: 61 semi-weighted keys with great action and jacks for connecting pedals make the Virus TI Keyboard a performer's dream. The wooden side panels offer a great "grip" and make transportation a more enjoyable task. With over 3300 onboard sounds you will never run out of ideas while jamming.
- Virus TI Polar: Designed as the ideal companion to any DJ or project studio, this 37-key model is compact. The side panels are a mix of wood and pure aluminium, while the white LEDs add class and style. The sound engine is exactly that used in the powerful and versatile TI Desktop and Keyboard models.
TI Software Summary:
- Virus Control VST/AU/RTAS compatible virtual instrument plug-in included to create an audio link in between the host sequencer and Virus hardware synthesizer.
- Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface. Total Integration keeps working, even if you prefer to use another audio interface.
- Sample accurate and delay compensated timing.
- All knobs on surface and be used to control other software and hardware synthesizers (this feature is not available for the Virus TI Snow).
- Virus Control Center application for convenient memory backup of the entire Virus TI and exchange of content of ROM banks.