User Reviews by KVR Members for VPS Avenger
A Vengeance Avenger review:
Hello I have a question I have been asking to vengeance directly,
"hello, I am trying to figure out if in a arp avenger sequence ABCD, if it's possible to extend it to EFGH.. or to continue to link the ARP 1 with an ARP 2, and ARP 3... to have a longer progression of an arps not limited to only 4 block ABCD? Thank you"
I have been answered :
"No this is not possible. The ARP should not and can not replace your DAW for sequencing a complete song. However you can use the StepSQ as a modulator for the patterns. So you can play AAAB, ABDDABBC or whatever pattern you like"
then I said :
" I have been trying your suggestion, or there is something I didn't understand or this is not possible. I know you don't have as vocation to train the people but if you could me more specfic to understand how to make it working, I would be thankful"
I have answered :
"just drag and drop the Step Seq "6point" handle on the StepSQ tabs onto the ARP: ABCD index to establish a mod matrix assignment"
But despite all those recommandations it's still chinese for me. Can someone has an idea how to make it working, I don't want be asking Vengeance all the times to be more specific. It's probably very easy for them are they are using it daily but not for me for sure .
Thanks for your help.
In the Step Seq section, you'll see the STP SQ1 organge button. This six point mean it is draggable to any other paramter, so it will modulate that. Just drag and drop from this orange to a knob, a line will appear. Then you can set the amount on the knob the line has been drawn to.
If it is still not clear just read the Modulation monster section of this article: https://synthmorph.com/blogs/news/vps-avenger-review-has-a-new-king-been-born.
Hi tripleflows, .
thanks for you help, .
I have a little understanding of how works those draggable parameters, and I figured out what where those 6 dots points today and tried during hours to do what I have been explained by vengeance guys. But I am stucked nowhere...
If you figure out to what I have been explained and how to do it step by step, I pay you a pinte. Cheers.
I was a bit underwhelmed to discover in one of the review videos that, out of its 32 FX, it seems to only have... 1 Delay, period!!!
given the ridiculously enormous amount it packs of just about everything else (except maybe LFOs, which are "just" 4+1), it feels pretty weird and uncongruous to me that there's only one delay in this, delay being the single most important FX (apart from reverb) of them all -- for me anyways.
So I don't know... Maybe the one delay is so versatile that it covers mono/stereo/tape/multitap/what-have-you types, but somehow I kinda doubt it, seeing as how other FX are provided in several flavours.
So, just my usual critisizing 2 cents. Obviously this is a monster of a synth, I am just a bit puzzled by this "delay minimalism" which doesn't seem to make much sense, especially considering how everything else has been treated and implemented.
I have been using Avenger for a while. It's brilliant and I love it, and because of that love I already have generated a few wishes and noticed a couple of issues that can be a bit disturbing during a workflow, so since I don't know where else to post about these, I post them here :)
1) When making a large pitch glide in the Pitch curve which 1/10 speed and 24 range, ranging from +100 to -100, I noticed the sound pitch kind of stalling while passing through 0. The glide wasn't entirely uniform. This actually sounds like a bug. I can offer more information if requested.
2) Mod Matrix should include an option to expand to the whole height of the right column, like Preset/Sound selection areas do. If you start using macros and automation to the mod matrix slots themselves, it can soon become a hell to see how they are affected.
3) A way to bypass all effects globally and persistently would be great. What I mean is having a "bypass" button that turns off all effects from any chain, send and master, which persists when changing Presets. This would greatly help when you're looking for a sound while using your own FX in the DAW or if you want to look for a good dry timbre and mess with it later.
4) When switching from simple oscillators to wavetables, it'd be great if we could lock the piano view and not switch to the wave view. It can help in sound tryout (sometimes in some occasions and spaces it's not possible to use a MIDI keyboard, so losing the piano view from the view makes trying out sounds when changing presets or oscillators irritating).
5) It'd be fun if we could stack more than one Pitch envelopes on a single oscillator :)