|Product||VST-AU Blofeld Editor|
|Type / Tags|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
Windows XP and higher
OS X 10.6 and higher
|Copy Protection||Key File|
The VST-AU Blofeld Editor is a real-time MIDI synth editor that allows you full control of every parameter of the sound on the Waldorf Blofeld keyboard and desktop synthesizers. It is also an advanced librarian tool that allows you to view, edit, arrange and manage all the Parameter, Program, Bank and Multi Program data on modern computing platforms and applications, in smart and efficient ways. Now you can utilize your Blofeld to its full potential in new and interesting ways, and build lasting and meaningful patches that will bring new life to your music.
You can manage, view and edit all your Parameters, Patches, Banks, and Multi Programs on the computer itself without the hassle of manual dumps. All parameters are fully automatable using your favorite VST or AU capable DAW host, giving you the ability to visually program the Blofeld to your music in the host sequencer. This ability to model your synth patches in real-time, inside your main music production environment is part of what makes the VST-AU Blofeld Editor unique when compared to other hardware synth editors. You may also use the standalone application if you do not need to work inside the host or if your DAW host is not supported. Please check the DAW Host Support chart below for details.
Advanced Patch Mananger/Multi Manager Librarian
The VST-AU Blofeld Editor includes both advanced Patch Manager and Multi Manager views that allow you to manage your patches and banks easily in one view. See below for some of the features. Click the 'View Product Screens' link above to see what this view looks like.
Here's just some of the amazing and useful features the Patch Manager/Multi Manager views offers::
- Rename patches with with ease.
- Drag and drop patches or blocks from one slot to another in copy, swap or move mode.
- Export all individual patches in the bank as .syx or .fxp files with one click.
- Highlights other patches in the bank which are 'Duplicates by Name', and 'Exact Duplicates'.
- Easily remove all 'Exact Duplicate' patches with one click to clear space for other patches.
- Undo feature allows for non-destructive editing and reversing mistakes.
- Easily copy or swap patches, or blocks of patches.
- Randomize a patch, a block, or entire banks with one click.
- Clear patches, blocks or entire banks with one click.
- Add/Remove a prefix name to patches or entire banks to easily identify your patches.
- Export just the Patch names as a .txt file.
- Import your existing patch and bank libraries via System Exclusive data dump direct from the synth, or load them in from .syx files.
- Save as standard .fxp/.fxb files or native .syx Patch, Bank, or Multi file format.
MIDI Input and Output Monitoring
The MIDI Monitor view allows you to view all MIDI data coming in to and out of the VST-AU Blofeld Editor. Easily switch between Input and Output views of both Host and Editor/Synth MIDI input and output data. You can even copy the data from the event logs for pasting and saving into standard text editors or other applications.
The VST-AU Blofeld Editor is based on an entirely new framework that allows you to select the MIDI input and output ports directly from within the editor itself. This allows you to send and receive MIDI system exclusive data, a feature not found in most VST-AU hosts or our previous product offerings. You are no longer limited by host system exclusive in-capabilities.
MIDI Setup allows you to filter specific MIDI messages from all MIDI data paths from the DAW host, Editor and Synth. Absolute control of the data paths allow for complex MIDI setups that can be saved and loaded for specific applications. By using specific MIDI Setups for different instances of the plug-in, you can now use multiple instances of the plug-in for multiple machine control.