No Longer Available
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
VSTunnel allows you to connect your VST supporting sequencers over the Internet, allowing musicians from all over the world to easily play sessions together.
The VSTunnel plug-in is used like an insert effect in the sequencer's master out channel. When launched, a wizard starts, which allows the user to start a session or to join another session. When users create their own session, they decide whether to make it public or private. When private, the creator can use their own method of distributing their "session key", for example, email distribution. Whatever suits a user best. And of course, public sessions are for anybody and everybody. A list of all public sessions is offered to the user. It can be sorted by genre, speeding up the search for music of taste. By clicking on a session, it can be pre-listened. By a further click, a session can be joined.
During a session the music played is analyzed by the VSTunnel plug-in. Local changes are recognized, compressed and transmitted to the other session participants. In this instance the audio is mixed and sampled accurately into the audio out.
So everybody hears a mix of their own work and the work of others. This mix can be adjusted by each participant. The volume of each "remote line"can be set (i.e. muted, etc). Communication amongst users is done by the VSTunnel chat. However if you feel you are being disturbed by another user, you also have the option to disable their chat, blocking their sound and text messages.
Additionally, the audio quality can be set per participant. Download of remote audio and upload of their audio can be paused. Thus you can, for example, repeat a recording until you are satisfied with the result before transmitting it to the other participants.
- Get a list of available sessions with name and description.
- Sort sessions by genre.
- Pre-listen to sessions before joining.
Create A Session
- Enter your session's name and a description.
- Make your session public or private.
Controlling A Session
- Adjust each users volume.
- Mute users.
- Select a part of audio to be played.
- Loop audio of another user.
- Export a user's audio to a file for offline usage.
- Pause upload ( e.g. during a phase of trial).
- Pause download.
- Select download quality.
- Limit upload to the phases where you have stopped the sequencer.
- Select your own user name.
- See other users by name.
- Chat with the other musicians.
- Mark trouble makers to be ignored.