vvvv is a toolkit for real time video synthesis. It is designed to facilitate the handling of large media environments with physical interfaces, real-time motion graphics, audio and video that can interact with many users simultaneously.
vvvv uses a visual programming interface. Therefore it provides a graphical programming language for easy prototyping and development.
vvvv is real time. where many other languages have distinct modes for building and running programs, vvvv only has one mode - runtime.
vvvv is free for non-commercial use. Commercial use requires a license.
Main feature summary:
- Effortless handling of multiple Objects with Spreads.
- Seamless Multi-Projection Setups with Boygrouping.
- DirectX based 3d Rendering.
- Loading 3d Models.
- Texturing 3d Models with Motion Graphics and Video.
- Real-time Shader Programming.
- Real-time Physics Simulations.
- Real-time Video Analysis.
- Audio capabilities.
- Interfacing with a wide variety of external devices and protocols.