KVR Rank: 456 441 [30-Day: 402; 7-Day: 450; Yesterday: 874]
12 members are following Wow & Flutter and 20 members are following The Interruptor @ KVR.
Wow & Flutter emulates the playback speed imperfections of the pre-digital era.
- Playback speed is modulated in realtime by up to six oscillators.
- Intuitive controls: Non-linearly scaled controls allow to directly set the perceived pitch deviation depth and rate resulting from the playback speed modulation.
- Dual mode: In dual mode the left and the right channel are modulated separately.
- Flange mode: When the modulated signal is mixed with the original signal a flanging effect occurs. This feature recalls the times when recording engineers created a flange effect by applying pressure on the tape reel with their hand. Additional controls for feedback and delay allow to create more intense flange effects. Although the unit can be pushed to self-oscillation in extreme settings it will never cause digital clipping thanks to a compressor algorithm inserted into the feedback path.
- A built-in test tone generator makes it easy to quickly check a particular setting with different signals or to use the plug-in as a self-contained "noise maker".
- If a control has no influence on the sound in a certain mode it will disappear from the surface.
- MIDI learn: Each control can be automated via MIDI controllers. The default assignment of MIDI controllers is documented in the pop-up hints. To assign a different controller right-click on a control then choose "Learn" from the pop-up menu and twiggle the hardware controller you want to assign. Alternatively choose "Unlearn" or "Edit.." to assign a controller from a list.