|Type / Tags|
Requires at least Windows Vista. Windows 7 or newer recommended. A Windows XP compatible alpha version is available.
To date only an incomplete alpha version is available for MacOS. The MacOS version lacks a port of the GUI.
To date only an incomplete alpha version is available for Linux. The Linux version has a functional GUI with some imperfections and lacks a file browser dialog.
Xhip Synthesizer allows you to produce high quality dual-oscillator polyphonic synthesizer sounds, similar to classic poly synthesizers of the late 80s. Strings, synth pads, basses, leads, organs, pianos, percussion, bells, vocals, sound effects and more are demonstrated in the "factory" bank also freely available for download.
- Two oscillators, filters, envelopes and LFOs.
- Oscillator sync and X-mod.
- Oscillator (super-saw) and voice level unison.
- PCM (samples) as oscillator waveforms with looping and anti-aliasing.
- Ring-mod, audio-rate filter modulation and saturation.
- Per-voice wave-shaping (distortion).
- Sample-accurate modulation.
- Detailed PDF format manual.
Please read the manual for the current version if you have not yet read it as it contains an important "getting started" chapter and lots of helpful documentation for non-obvious features.
Xhip was featured in One-Synth-Challenge #85. OSC-85-Xhip
Xhip has an account at soundcloud with some example audio clips available.