TransReckon is a transient processor that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) in an extremely efficient way and with unexpected ease.
TransReckon provides 'Length' and 'Sensivity' controls, a 'Listen' mode, a 'Flat Sustain' option and an integrated brickwall limiter.
These options help to go further with the transient shaping process.
They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, ...) but they also offer creative possibilities (gate and "pre-delay" effects on a natural reverb).
While it is possible to process transients with classic dynamics effects, these rely on a defined threshold which is set manually depending on the incoming signal.
If the input level is modified later or if your drummer does not hit his drums at a constant velocity (which is usually a good idea, musically speaking), the transients processing can be more complex to achieve.
A transient processor like TransReckon does not depend on the level of the incoming signal.
- Add punch to your drums and percussive instruments.
- Add life to your mixes.
- Isolate the prominent elements of an existing loop.
- Give more presence to an acoustic guitar or tame the peaks produced by an enthusiastic rhythm guitarist.
- Add a gate effect to a natural reverb and/or simulate a pre-delay effect on it.
- Tweak the envelope of an electronic drum sound.
- ... Be creative.
TransReckon is available as a 32/64-bit VST and AU plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X.
More information available at www.eareckon.com
Thanks to Loopmasters.com for providing the samples used in the soundtrack.
Thanks to Soundjay.com for providing the sound effects (intro).