Winners of the NAMM Technical Excellence and Creativity (TEC Awards), honoring the best in professional audio and sound production, have been announced on the final day of NAMM's Believe in Music week, a global online gathering to unify and support people who bring music to the world.
Presented by NAMM on Believe TV, the annual event recognized the highest achievements in the pro audio and sound worlds of music making, live performances, video games, television and films.
Eric Geer, TEC Entries & Nominations Supervisor, shared:
Despite the global pandemic, the industry continued to innovate, creating one of the largest collectives of product Nominees in the 35-year history of the awards. And given the world engaged in virtual interaction on an unprecedented level, the products honored helped connect us all by delivering music and sound across the world.
For the first time, award content, including category and a 35-year retrospective videos, were streamed live to Believe in Music attendees for free. Viewers enjoyed companies and experts who were feted in 22 Technical Achievement categories and seven Creative Achievement categories.
Here's a list of the winners:
Amplification Hardware - Studio & Sound Reinforcement:
- JBL - DSi 2.0.
Audio Apps & Hardware/Peripherals for Smartphones & Tablets:
- Eventide - Blackhole.
Computer Audio Hardware:
- Universal Audio - Apollo x4.
DJ Production Technology:
- Native Instruments - Traktor Kontrol S3.
- AKG - K300 Series.
Large Format Console Technology:
- Solid State Logic - ORIGIN.
- Neve - 1073OPX.
Microphones - Recording:
- AKG - Lyra.
Microphones - Sound Reinforcement s:
- sE Electronics - V Series for Drums.
Musical Instrument Amplification & Effects:
- Ampeg - Heritage 50th Anniversary SVT.
Musical Instrument Hardware:
- Moog - Matriarch.
Musical Instrument Software:
- Celemony - Melodyne 5.
- Audinate Dante AVIO Adapters.
Signal Processing Hardware:
- API - 2500+ Stereo Bus Compressor.
Signal Processing Hardware - 500 Series Modules:
- AMS Neve - RMX16.
Signal Processing Software - Dynamics/EQ/Utilities:
- Universal Audio - Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ Plug-In.
Signal Processing Software - Effects:
- Waves - Abbey Road Saturator.
Small Format Console Technology:
- Allen & Heath - Avantis.
Sound Reinforcement Loudspeakers:
- JBL - EON ONE Compact.
- Genelec - W371A Adaptive Woofer System.
- Shure - Axient Digital AD3 plug-on wireless transmitter.
Workstation Technology/Recording Devices:
- Universal Audio - LUNA Recording System.
Studio Design Project:
- Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music, Tisch School of the Arts, NYU-FM Design.
Film Sound Production:
- "1917," Universal Pictures/DreamWorks Pictures/Entertainment One.
Interactive Entertainment Sound Production:
- "Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order," Respawn Entertainment.
- Hyperspace, Beck, Capitol Records.
Record Production/Single or Track:
- Fear Inoculum, Tool, Tool Dissectional and Volcano and RCA.
Remote Production/Recording or Broadcast:
- "Let's Go Crazy: The Grammy Salute to Prince," CBS.
Television Sound Production:
- "The Mandalorian (Season 1)," Disney+.
If you missed the event premiere, parts of the program are still watchable online after registering online attend.believeinmusic.tv