Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Agree with you, it could be great if we could select multiple modules and assign a macro or a cable...with a single click
Best
YY

For me repetitive steps are mostly related to the handling of poly voices. At least copying stuff is a little bit more convenient with VM than with similar synths as you can copy entire rack rows and auto-connect them to the same sources and targets the original row was connected to. But every reconfiguration step after establishing the poly structure has to be tediously reapplied N times for N voices. This is no problem when you can plan ahead without deviating from the initial plan but it somehow defeats the experimenting-around approach for anything poly.
But the VM devs have already mentioned that they consider something in that direction - just not for the initial release.

To all those interested in creating modules for Voltage Modular, I wanted to let you know that the Voltage Module Designer has just been released to the public. You can download a free, non-expiring trial at the Cherry Audio web site. Be sure to download the Voltage Developer Kit along with the installer, and read the documentation to install Voltage Module Designer correctly. There are lots of sample projects in the Voltage Developer Kit that will get you up and running very quickly, and there's a video at the bottom of our Module Designer webpage that will show you how to build a fully functioning module in (literally) minutes.

https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-module-designer

Thanks!
Dan

So the Module Designer is free unless you want to publicly release your modules
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yes, that's correct -- the Module Designer is free unless you want to use your modules in Voltage Modular or submit them to our store. The demo does not expire and every feature is available, so you can work on your modules designs for as long as you want until you feel they're ready to be shared with the world. Then, there is a one-time fee to buy the software, and you'll have a perpetual license to submit modules to the store or to run your modules in Voltage Modular.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks,
Dan

cherryDan wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 am Yes, that's correct -- the Module Designer is free unless you want to use your modules in Voltage Modular or submit them to our store. The demo does not expire and every feature is available, so you can work on your modules designs for as long as you want until you feel they're ready to be shared with the world. Then, there is a one-time fee to buy the software, and you'll have a perpetual license to submit modules to the store or to run your modules in Voltage Modular.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks,
Dan
Ah, so you cant use the modules in VM unless you pay.

I think youll get a better reception if you could personally use those modules you create.

Would be a great incentive.

Some new modules are out : a Cherry audio filter , Vcv 20, ala korg , and some Autodafe modules, wavefolder, bit crusher and a free formant filter.
Have a nice day!
Edit :
A free super lfo is now in the voltage modular bundle, nice addition.
Best
YY

Some Vult modules are out!
The low pass gate is incredible!
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 am Some Vult modules are out!
Nice but hugely more expensive than the VCV versions

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:16 am
Not as expensive but Cherry Audio is following the path of Softube: A very limited choice of modules in the core bundle. and then all additions are paid. If I was ever thinking about it, I'm now completely dissuaded.

And since even the SDK is paid, of course developers will not release free modules either :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 am
Not as expensive but Cherry Audio is following the path of Softube: A very limited choice of modules in the core bundle. and then all additions are paid. If I was ever thinking about it, I'm now completely dissuaded.

And since even the SDK is paid, of course developers will not release free modules either :shrug:
And Vult developed a crosscompiler so I imagine wasnt a huge task to port. But what do I know :oops:

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:48 am
fmr wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:40 am

And Vult developed a crosscompiler so I imagine wasnt a huge task to port. But what do I know :oops:
He had to pay for the SDK. In addition to that, he will probably have to pay something to Cherry Audio for them to carry his modules on their shop (I don't believe they will do that for free). :shrug:

It's "the system". Cherry Audio is "milking the cow". Not the best thing to do for someone starting, IMO. "But what do I know?" :oops:

Even at $15 per module, if you pay $15 for an oscillator, the same for a filter, the same for an envelope generator, the same for an LFO, the same for a sequencer, and the same for a mixer, you are already at $90, which is grossly the price of a new VST synth. :help:

It's like those restaurants where you pay for the meal and then you have to go there and cook it yourself.
Fernando (FMR)

Ah, so you cant use the modules in VM unless you pay.

I think youll get a better reception if you could personally use those modules you create.

Would be a great incentive.
I agree here. If I can't create and use my own modules before I decide if they may be worth it to someone else, then I think I'm out.

Also, if they are put into the store, what cut do you take.

Charging money for basic modules , like an 'analog shift register' and midi out which imho should be bundled with the core system . :lol:
Good luck to them
I"ll stay with vcv rack and reaktor ( which will soon have onscreen draggable cables :party: )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Really want to get down with this software but it is $$. Its core is very genius. money wise there is better value elsewhere.
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://kirkwoodwest.com/

Return to “Instruments”