Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Wish it was for Mac. I don't care about 32 vs 64 bits as long as it would've worked.
Anyways, wish you much success Ummet!

AnX wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:39 pm at a bigger price it would have to compete with other synths in a similar price range, and i dont think it does, so he may struggle to get that money back
At the $100 price point I mentioned what synths couldn't a native version of Genesis Pro compete with ?

Of course until we actually get to play the synth no one can say for sure what it's worth or not worth and by that point it will be too late to develop a non SE and 64 bit version. I don't know how many people would pay $1 for the 32 bit version then pay $100 for a 64 bit upgrade

I suppose all he really needs is someone to update the custom modules as that is apparently what's keeping it stuck at 32 bit.

Judging by the demo videos it seems like a well thought out feature rich synth that doesn't look like it would struggle at the $100 price point but again no way to tell for sure at this point...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:46 pm theres no obligation on ummets part to release a mac or 64bit version.
I don't speak of obligation I just think it's a shame that an apparently brilliant concept for a synth isn't able to be brought up to modern standards and with a Mac version.

Yes it is what it is...but it could be more and that's the pity. But such is life.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SampleScience wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 pm Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think it would be possible as he seems to have a fairly large fan base that would be enough to cover the cost.
In MOST of the cases fan base doesn't always convert to dollars.
i had/have thousands of fan base around the world, never saw any dollar.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 pm
SampleScience wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 pm Yeah, I totally agree with you. I think it would be possible as he seems to have a fairly large fan base that would be enough to cover the cost.
In MOST of the cases fan base doesn't always convert to dollars.
i had/have thousands of fan base around the world, never saw any dollar.
My experience is the opposite. Judging from his YouTube comment section, I think there's a lot of interest in it. I don't even have that many YouTube attention and I sell on a consistent basis.

surreal wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:11 pm The sound quality of the youtube demo to my ears is really pleasant. This Synth will certainly get loads of use here!
i'm like 50/50...some sounds amazing(some Plucks/Keys), some(Lead sounds for example) not impressive
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:37 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:46 pm theres no obligation on ummets part to release a mac or 64bit version.
I don't speak of obligation I just think it's a shame that an apparently brilliant concept for a synth isn't able to be brought up to modern standards and with a Mac version.

Yes it is what it is...but it could be more and that's the pity. But such is life.
no problem with suggesting stufff or wishes even, was more directed at comments like the one i quoted about it being a joke. which im sure youd agree is unfair.

Yes no need to call 32 bit only a joke. More an unfortunate reality. It wasn't so much a wish as a lamentation of that reality.
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:tu:

Wengs Man wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:42 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 pm
glokraw wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm Sounds absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I still bought synths. I'm sure it'll do very well.
If you want a pity party, you know kvr is the wrong venue :wink:

Whoever controls the 'wish button' on your remote
might actually have the power needed to make
rational decisions, like sell two, buy one, and be happy 8)
Cheers
No one is looking for a pity party. I made a statement. I praised the synth. I don't buy synths anymore. I'm sure it'll do well. I wish him the best.

Does everybody here just live for looking for fights?

It's starting to look that way.
short answer....

.....YES !

**** It is the reason I really don't participate in conversations here.
Check out r/filtersweep

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 pm Yes no need to call 32 bit only a joke. More an unfortunate reality. It wasn't so much a wish as a lamentation of that reality.
Ye I understand why people would be bummed out. Indeed unfortunate reality. Aww well. Maybe the upgrade route you mentioned isn't a bad idea. The people who can use 32 bit (who buy at release) continue to use it accordingly and those who require the 64bit version put their money where there mouth is. I realize the logistics of such a thing might be not so great, and the publicity... 1 euro plugin gets 64bit conversion price jumps to 50 or a 100.. oof, good luck, but still, I think this plan has some merit :tu:
Eternitysound VST Banks

32 bit only and no Mac is so 90’s...
what the actual f**k is the dude thinking :dog:

simmo75 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:08 am 32 bit only and no Mac is so 90’s...
Another clown who cant read :roll:

AnX wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:17 am
simmo75 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:08 am 32 bit only and no Mac is so 90’s...
Another clown who cant read :roll:
Yeah guilty as charged, I didn’t read all of it.
What did I miss?

Guys, don't be rude. This plugin is created with passion for music and this project is 8 years old. Take it as a gift for almost free.
BTW there are much worse plugins for more than 1€ (e.g. SoundSpot, eMastered ATOM and others).

Return to “Instruments”