On the 30-day countdown to release for Shapiro 2 - our flagship synth - here's a very very small (audio) peak.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/channelrobot/3baretests-shaprio2

Just my (slightly shonky) playing - no fx no production at all - just the synth preset
Last edited by Lind0n on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

Will it support MPE?

- not in this first release no. Sorry. It is however on the list of potential updates going forwards.

Okay, so it sounds very analog. Decent enough. Guess a lot will depend on price, for me anyway. Looking forward to its release.

- it will be sub $100

Lind0n wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:19 am - it will be sub $100
..... :) likely considerably sub-$100...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:19 am Will it support MPE?
So I took another look through how to support MPE and it turned out to be not as hard as I thought - so change of answer....

Yes Shapiro 2 supports MPE....

Wow, good to know. Is it based on Juce? As Juce has native MPE support...

Well, I'm interested. :)
A well-behaved signature.

yes it uses JUCE as its underlying C++ library...

Does it go beyond the usual subtractive/wavetable methods? Anything to be curious about? Not much information yet...

Sounds nice :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm Does it go beyond the usual subtractive/wavetable methods? Anything to be curious about? Not much information yet...
Well its not using wavetables. It's a 4-voice synth that has 2 oscillators per voice (so an 8 oscillator synth) - these have 9 different oscillator types - the usual suspects from subtractive synthesis - For each voice you can modulate the mix of these two oscillators, the output then passes through "FM shaping" - basically a simple 2-Op FM system with a sine wave and the output of the oscillators, from there on to a wave-shaper, with a range of shape curves, next is our animated Field Effect convolution system (with a bunch of IRs designed for sound mangling not reverb) and finally a polyphonic filter with 10 different types. This thing will make a wild range of sounds....

The additional "interest" is the modulation system - for each voice independently you can modulate:
- volume
- oscillator mix
- pitch
- pan
- FM amount
- Wave shape amount
- filter frequency

For nearly all of these destinations there are 6 different editable modulators that you can apply in any number:
- Velocity
- Sample & Hold
- Envelope
- LFO (user draw-able)
- Gate (4 to 128 steps)
- Key
- MPE

All up there are 29 (None MPE) modulators dedicated to each of the 4 voices - so 116 independent modulators.

If you have MPE then you get an additional 16 places to apply your MPE input, with editable curves for the input...

The usual array of FX, and a per-voice arp system.

Added onto this are a preset system, where you can decide which voices to include or not include in a preset load(so mix voices from different presets), the 2-slot morphing system used in Atmosia 2 (again include or exclude voices from morphing activities) and a randomisation system - all of these let you get to new sounds amazingly quickly and easily.

Heres a screen shot

You've spelt the synth name incorrectly in both the thread and SoundCloud titles :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:49 pm You've spelt the synth name incorrectly in both the thread and SoundCloud titles :tu:
Thanks yes - very long nights coding - very tired...

Return to “Instruments”