LiveSlice is out now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

R.A.W. wrote:hi tony
no, stereo works just fine here.. don't get fooled by the visual, you'll only see one wave though it's stereo. ;)

it states in the manual that beats-prediction also uses the current tempo of your host. so if you got a 70bpm loop but the host is set to 120bpm it might calculate wrong. also samples with few transients (pad-sounds etc.) make a correct calculation almost impossible. ;) just use right-click on the box and select the right number of beats and/or slices yourself or use the sensitivity-slider when that happens....

this indeed is a bug in the latest build, i could reproduce it here.. i already emailed jacob about it.

...the offer is valid until Nov. 20th.

you also can find information in the livelab.dk forum here at kvr.
Thanks for all the info R.A.W.
I actually found the forum just after I posted that !!

Next time I'm paid, I'm in !!

TonyBy wrote:
a recently purchased (expensive) loop CD library come up with 8 in the bottom display, but 16 in the top display.
If the loop is 8 beats and the arrangement is 4 beats, you only get the first half of the loop "transfered" in the arranger. You can get the remaining half by changing the number of beats in the arranger from 4 to 8.
It's possible to change this behavior so it's done automatically. 'tis a little bit complicated though.

Fixed the preview bugs btw. and added preview to the "loops" list.

Caleb - I prefer not to open additional windows in a VST plugin - it's my impression that most people find that confusing. There's no reason why the slicer shouldn't be maximized in the liveslice gui for editing slices and loop points though. That won't be tomorrow though.

Could it be that what you are missing in the arranger is to know where you are in the beat? Most arrangers have little timelines and a background "grid" showing you where the 3,s and a 4's are? I miss that myself, so I'm definately gonna add that soon :)

Drez - thanks, and enjoy
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote: Caleb - I prefer not to open additional windows in a VST plugin - it's my impression that most people find that confusing. There's no reason why the slicer shouldn't be maximized in the liveslice gui for editing slices and loop points though. That won't be tomorrow though.

Could it be that what you are missing in the arranger is to know where you are in the beat? Most arrangers have little timelines and a background "grid" showing you where the 3,s and a 4's are? I miss that myself, so I'm definately gonna add that soon :)
I understand regarding the extra window. It's just that I like the feel that I'm using an audio editor at this point and one of the things I like about audio editors is how big I can get the waveform on the screen to do pinpoint editing. Your idea sounds pretty good as an alternative though. Looking forward to it.

I think you are right regarding the arranging difficulties I was having. Some sort of reference ruler or grid might make all the difference.

Sorry I took so long to answer, I've been away for a few days.

Have to say, there's some really great ideas in this instrument though. Worth the purchase just to encourage development.

EDIT: Just purchased.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

I already implemented a grid in the arranger - makes a big difference. Now I need to make some further adjustments and a new update will be available (couple of days)

Jacob
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Caleb wrote:Have to say, there's some really great ideas in this instrument though. Worth the purchase just to encourage development.
and there are some more to come. with the increasing number of liveslice owners there are coming nice ideas from the users to improve it even more and jacob is doing a great job in implementing them in a way that fits the ease of use and live-usability of this great plugin.
you see, i'm addicted to liveslice. ;)

I've downloaded the demo but can't work out how to get more than one loop show up in the arrangement pads at the very bottom of the screen. I'm LMB-ing, RMB-ing and MiddleMB-ing for all I'm worth and I'm getting confused. Any help for an idiot, please? :oops:
Read reviews of free netlabel/Creative Commons music at Catching The Waves, a most amateurish free music blog. @catchingthewave

Using more than one loop...

- Pick a loop, and it shows up both in the first slot in the loops area in the upper left corner and also in the first track in the middle of the interface.

- Select the next slot in the loops, then choose another loop from the browser. This will make it show up in the slot you selected. To add it to another track, click "add another track" in the arrange window, then click "lock to loop" in the new track and the second loop will be on the second track.

- To get something new loaded into one of the arrangements buttons at the bottom, select the arrangement then load a new loop as noted above (or choose one you already loaded) and click on "lock to loop" in the empty track that is displayed.

- To copy the info from one arrangement button to another, click on the first one then...while holding shift..right click in the empty arrangement.

By the way, LiveLab has a forum here.

I didn't realise how old this thread was. :oops:

Ugo, thanks to you I've just had an enjoyable hour mucking around with LiveSlice. I did read the manual but I couldn't get my head around it. Let's hope that a few "LiveSlice for Dummies" videos appear when LS is finished. Anyway, I feel funkier. :hihi:

Thanks again.
Read reviews of free netlabel/Creative Commons music at Catching The Waves, a most amateurish free music blog. @catchingthewave

Return to “Instruments”