RELATED
PRODUCTS

Code: Select all

<script language="VBScript">
    Sub Window_Onload
		window.resizeTo 675,375
		set Sh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
:)

there you go. The original was using the system object to determine actual resolution to do centering. Glad you got it sorted eiden.

i tried this

Function GetDestDir(d)
  GetDestDir = BrowseForFolder("Select Directory...", BIF_ShowAllObjects & BIF_editbox, d)
End Function

onclick="dir0.value=GetDestDir(dir0.value)"
but it doesnt give me parent/root folders then

any ideas?
j

yeah. I tried the same thing. The shell object method for BrowseFolder doesn't work like that. I figured if I gave it a valid path it would start there, but it didn't. It's for starting in special places. Check the MSDN for more info. I tried to do that because I figured "it'd be cool to have this automatically use the last chosen directory in the browse dialog." but it doesn't seem possible.

Ditch the "d" in your GetDestDir line and you will be fine. Replace "d" with "", as the function needs that argument and VBScript doesn't support overloading or optional parameters that I know of... :)

i know the .NET framework for XP has

System.Windows.Forms.FolderBrowserDialog

which will do what we need, but i don't know how to invoke it

"When you use the FolderBrowser (System.Windows.Forms.FolderBrowserDialog) control, .RootFolder property will restrict the UI to show only folders underneath it. But you can set the "Initial Path" by setting the .SelectedPath property before calling the .ShowDialog() method."

Hrm. Is System accessible through Wsh? If so, give it some hacking :) I'd love to have that functionality (would make it even faster to use). Do you know if it's possible for WSH to do drag and drop? I know I can catch things with the DOM but I dont know how to catch filesystem interaction drag/drop -- idea is drag folders onto the textboxes for rapid assignment. Let me know, please, what you find out :)

Does the .NET framework work in 98/ME?

Thanks Grymmjack - one of my biggest reasons for not trying out the myriad of synth1 banks is the useless file browser it uses.

Much appreciate the effort, and I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight!

we could always ask Mr.Toda to fix it ;)

jackson; glad to help. Maybe with help from others, we can improve it further. It's really just the end results of a nights hackery and googling research but jmp909 seems to know wtf he's talking about :) Perhaps it will get better with time. :D

As for the banks, man there are some super talented patch designers out there and after trying some of the presets out I can understand why Synth1 has such a great rep. It's amazing what kind of diversity this instrument is capable of in the right hands!

jmp909 wrote:we could always ask Mr.Toda to fix it ;)
there is a thought :) ... which one of us dares?

I think for his efforts, asking him to fix the very insignificant/fully functional way the patch browser works, is almost insulting. Perhaps if we donated and tacked the request on the end after loading him up with praise it would be less rude? :)

no it's all new to me. i'm googling it as i go along! but i'll think about what else could be done...gonna try and nail this folder selector tonight :)

grymmjack wrote:Does the .NET framework work in 98/ME?
Yes it does and both versions, 1.1 and 2. The runtime just takes "ages" to load, as in XP I would guess.

grymmjack wrote: Teksonik, the reason I made it was to overcome the endless "My Computer" starting point in the synth1 bank chooser. If you have presets stored all over the place, clicking the little [+] and drilling down through things is a major annoyance IMO. I would much prefer to copy a path to the clipboard, paste it into the thing I made 9 times, and change each number (assuming the banks desired are a series with 9 folders), then hit Configure :) Instead of clicking hundreds of times to accomplish the same thing within Synth1.

It's nothing more than that. The registry modifications it makes are to the HKLM\Software\Daichi\Synht1\bankset00 through bankset09 registry strings. It's harmless honestly, but suit yourself :)
But my Synth1 Remembers the folder where you last browsed. So I have all my Synth1 Banks in one folder. Then it's only Click Opt, Click the Bank Number you want to change, Click the Bank you want to load and click Ok twice. Less than ten seconds away form an infinite number of banks(and no reg hacks). You don't get much more elegant than that. The only change I would ask from Ichiro is to the raise the number of bank slots. As it is you can have 1280 patches just a click away and any bank just a few seconds away. If you have Synth1 banks "all over the place" then it's bad housekeeping and not Synth1's fault. If you're having to start at My Computer each time then perhaps it's your host's fault. The latest version of Synth1 remembers the last browsed folder in Orion Platinum, Energy XT and FL Studio on both Win98se and WinXp here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jackson wrote:Thanks Grymmjack - one of my biggest reasons for not trying out the myriad of synth1 banks is the useless file browser it uses.

Much appreciate the effort, and I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight!
I don't understand why people have so many problems with Synth1's patch handling. It's one of the best systems in the freeware world.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

regedit /e Synth1.reg "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Daichi\Synth1"
cls
Copy and paste that in notepad and save as whatever.bat.

Run it and it will save your Synth1 settings to registry file.

So you can easily and quickly save the bank schemes you create with grymmjack's tool.

Return to “Instruments”