Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

arke wrote:Nice, however I, too, am running at 1024x768 (and not by choice, this thing wont do any more than that :cry:).

Maybe you could have something like Synth1 where you select a scale (50% to 150% or something) for the size. Oh, and definetely something that is a separate parameter+value readout, like suggested before.

Any info on pricing or will this be a freebie? :hyper:
Arke, I do not understand why these guys are senselessly, stupidly trying to stigmatize anyone whose display settings are set at 1024x768. There seems to be some "monitor settings machisimo" going on here. My browser fits perfectly on my screen without a horizontal scrollbar. Why should I go with higher settings? So that more, but smaller text will appear on the screen? This way I have a full browser with maximum readability.

I mean, maybe you guys don't mind leaning until you're only 6" from the monitor surface, but that is not physically ergonomic. I enjoy my spaciously ergonomic workspace.

In this case, the young Admiral's gui takes up the entire screen and the knobs are still unreadable, and you guys persist in poking fun at anyone who points that out to you. That's my point. 2 more people have made the same comment.

There is no problem with my monitor, settings, computer, or eyes. I can read anything on this screen from 3 feet away. What's wrong with that and why would I want to change that?

Ding, ding, ding, Admiral, get a cluecard, here, dude. I am not the only one here telling you the same thing. I just happen to be the most outspoken at the moment.

This seems to be a private party for the young Admiral's fans, so I will bow out here. Cheers!! :hihi:
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

Choco. I heard you the first 5 times. Thanks. I'll try to do something about your issue.

And no arke, it's not a freebie. I've spent the last 6 months of my life doing nothing other than this, and am in need some money for "the little extras" in life, like rent and groceries. (Seriously.) It'll be VERY competitively priced though, and will offer a free evaluation period. All I can say for now. Check me in a few more weeks.

I hear where you're coming from AdmiralQuality. Thank you for not ridiculing my last remarks. When ridiculed, I tend to get defensive, and when defensive I tend to get defensive in defending ..... whatever. :hihi:

It's a great looking gui. Maybe you can adjust the font on the knobs? and we'll all stop nagging at you. :D

By the way, did I mention that aesthetically, the gui looks very, very cool? :love: :D
ChocoLatteRabbit
Unknown bluesman

1024*768 on a 21" monitor is absurd. I run at 1600*1200 on my 19", 1400*1050 on this 14.1" laptop screen, and 1920*1200 on another 15.4" widescreen laptop, and it's perfectly readable on all screens. And no, I don't sit 6" from the monitor, but at a more typical 1.5-2 feet.

It's not about machismo, it's about productivity, and I feel cramped for space by even 1280*960. Granted, it depends on exactly what you're doing with your computer, so I shouldn't really be commenting without knowing more about that. I do a fair amount of development and image editing, so the more resolution the better.

Still, anything less than 72DPI just seems wrong to me.

Poly anal:

AdmiralQuality wrote:What surprises me most is that nobody's pointed out yet that this synth would NEVER fit in the trunk of your car! ;)
You never saw the trunk of my car! :-)

64 Buick Riviera-room for 3 extra large size synths! :hihi:

I'll have to add 64 Buick Riviera to the minimum system spec. Choco will not be pleased with me... ;)

ChocoLatteRabbit wrote: I do not understand why these guys are senselessly, stupidly trying to stigmatize anyone whose display settings are set at 1024x768.
No,you do not understand, because you don't want to.

:roll:
Why should I go with higher settings? So that more, but smaller text will appear on the screen? This way I have a full browser with maximum readability.
You sound like the guy who drives 30 mph on the freeway: 'Why should I drive any faster?" :roll:
I mean, maybe you guys don't mind leaning until you're only 6" from the monitor surface, but that is not physically ergonomic. I enjoy my spaciously ergonomic workspace.
Actually, since you're counting, it's 34" from the screen.
Otherwise my music and computer keyboards between me and the monitor would each be 1" wide by your calculations.
:lol:
...so I will bow out here.
Promise? Before you go, get a clue, get a sense of humour and get a life. Not necessarily in that order. :nutter:

AdmiralQuality wrote:And no arke, it's not a freebie. I've .spent the last 6 months of my life doing nothing other than this.
6 months to design a GUI :hihi: ?

Nah seriously, I'm looking forward to hearing soundfiles from this baby.
Last edited by Boulotaur2024 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dupe :/

Improv wrote: "Promise? Before you go, get a clue, get a sense of humour and get a life. Not necessarily in that order. Nutter"

No, I don't promise. :P And you are REALLY TAKING THIS SERIOUS, aren't you? Whew, cool down, dude. Judging by the post count YOU really do need to get a life. :P
ChocoLatteRabbit
Unknown bluesman

AdmiralQuality wrote:Here, the Kingston-special edition:

Size-as:
http://www.admiralquality.com/spimages/ ... _Black.png

"They come in any color, as long as it's black."
Nice.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

AdmiralQuality wrote:I'll have to add 64 Buick Riviera to the minimum system spec. Choco will not be pleased with me... ;)
I absolutely refuse to get a '56 Buick Roadmaster, no way, I can go thirty mph in the Riviera, and besides, I can fit a hot tub in the back! Why would I need to get anything else? Change? What's that?

BTW-did I tell you it was chocolate brown?
Honest!

:hihi:
Last edited by Improv on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChocoLatteRabbit wrote:Improv wrote: "Promise? Before you go, get a clue, get a sense of humour and get a life. Not necessarily in that order. Nutter"

No, I don't promise. :P And you are REALLY TAKING THIS SERIOUS, aren't you? Whew, cool down, dude. Judging by the post count YOU really do need to get a life. :P
Tell you what slick, you get the last word, I get to press the mute button-bye, bye now!

:idiot:

THank goodness he pushed the mute button. Now I can say ugly things behind his back. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: MuWahHaHaHaHaHaaaaa!!!

I hope I don't appear totally abrasive to everyone in this thread. I feel that I was just standing my ground, so to speak, regarding an opinion. And.... nevermind, it wasn't worth saying, anyway. Waste of time.
ChocoLatteRabbit
Unknown bluesman

Return to “Instruments”