Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
david.beholder
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:48 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:He definitely cares about his product and is always very quick with support. He just doesn't always take criticism well and ironically got banned for being harshly critical of the KVR site developers/maintenance people.

Also being quick and harshly critical over actual polyana owners complaining about low usability of UI. Very critical.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Hopefully it has a long future. There has been talk of some time about v2 for some time but progress on 1.3 seems to have stalled at the latest beta about a year ago. Hopefully he finalizes it soon but the beta works fine anyways.

It barely has any no future at all. Everybody is being teased by carrotish V2 for a about 5 years, right? Still no signs of it. Over that period say U-he has released how many plugins?
Image Murderous duck!
camsr
KVRAF
 
6834 posts since 16 Feb, 2005

Postby camsr; Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:49 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

I guess I can be critical too, the new versions with the keyfile in the program files directory is a hassle. I like my plugins to be portable for the most part.
Image
Lotuzia
KVRAF
 
9651 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:52 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

david.beholder wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:He definitely cares about his product and is always very quick with support. He just doesn't always take criticism well and ironically got banned for being harshly critical of the KVR site developers/maintenance people.

Also being quick and harshly critical over actual polyana owners complaining about low usability of UI. Very critical.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Hopefully it has a long future. There has been talk of some time about v2 for some time but progress on 1.3 seems to have stalled at the latest beta about a year ago. Hopefully he finalizes it soon but the beta works fine anyways.

It barely has any no future at all. Everybody is being teased by carrotish V2 for a about 5 years, right? Still no signs of it. Over that period say U-he has released how many plugins?


Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 am

Actually, we've started to work on Zebra3, that's true. Because we're not Apple and we're too excited to keep it a secret, we came up with a devlish incentive to still get Zebra2:

Price for Zebra2: 199$
Price for Zebra3: 249$
Upgrade V2->V3: 30$
Upgrade from Zebra2 + The Dark Zebra: Free

So, hehe, it really makes a lot of sense to get Zebra2 first. For one thing it's cheaper to upgrade. And then, you have access to a few thousand presets in Zebra2 which may or may not be ported to Zebra3.

Just a note: While ZebraHZ (the "upgrade" coming with The Dark Zebra) has Diva's filters, Zebra3 won't have the exact same ones.
.......

Cheers,

;) Urs

P.S.: The term "started to work on" certainly means at least 6 months until we'll see anything!


Ref : viewtopic.php?t=362210

At least ... Time passes too quickly :phew:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
egbert101
KVRAF
 
2041 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
<delete>
User avatar
david.beholder
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Lotuzia wrote:
Me wrote:5 years, right? Still no signs of it. Over that period say U-he has released how many plugins?


Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 am

Actually, we've started to work on Zebra3, that's true. Because we're not Apple and we're too excited to keep it a secret, we came up with a devlish incentive to still get Zebra2:
...
Just a note: While ZebraHZ (the "upgrade" coming with The Dark Zebra) has Diva's filters, Zebra3 won't have the exact same ones.

Meanwhile they've released at least 8 plugins:

1. Diva
2. Bazille
3. Satin
4. Presswerk
5. Re-pro1
6. Hive
7. Tyrell N6
8. Podolsky

And produced several amazing emulations of filters and oscs. While some companies are copied same generic things allover. ;)

So I'm sorry what is your point?
Last edited by david.beholder on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Murderous duck!
chk071
KVRAF
 
16347 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:16 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Far as i know, Admiral Quality=1 guy, u-he=12 guys. What's your point exactly? We all got now that you don't like Poly-Ana, no need to stress ridiculous comparisons with companies you are fanboi off.
User avatar
david.beholder
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:00 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

chk071 wrote:Far as i know, Admiral Quality=1 guy, u-he=12 guys. What's your point exactly? We all got now that you don't like Poly-Ana, no need to stress ridiculous comparisons with companies you are fanboi off.


:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

chk071 wrote:Seriously, you should refrain from advising people what they should do or not...


U-he is initally 1 man company and was 2-3 man company in 2012. They've expanded because they were able to sell old and release new synths effeciently instead of doing nothing and set synth sale once a year.
Image Murderous duck!
nusound mind
KVRist
 
86 posts since 21 Jan, 2017

Postby nusound mind; Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:17 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

zerocrossing wrote:
nusound mind wrote:I don't find the cpu hit bad at all if you adjust things. Anti-aliasing really helps, or turn down sound quality to 192, oversampling, polyphony, etc. Not as high quality obvs., but still sounds decent enough imo even then.

Honestly I think the 3 new gui's are fine, esp. compared to that original one. That first one looks brutal. jmo

Put preset 048 "Solo Brass" on at 192 khz. Play some high notes. Not even that high. Wince at the aliasing. Turn "anti-alasing on." Say, "WTF?" Turn anti-aliasing off. Boost quality up to 768. Note it's better, but still noticably aliasing. Load up XILS 4. Never use Poly-Ana again.


I don't know the policy on linking to other forums (GS) but i found a thread in my software synth researches, and I assume this is you, same avatar pic, same name, and you say quote;

"Here's one that rarely seems to get mentioned, but is really good IMO.

Sawer.

and one that used to get a lot of chatter, but hasn't been updated in a while. Still good though (and he's mentioned a possible v2)

Poly-ana.

Those are two of my go-to VAs."


Granted it's a thread from 2012. Just thought i'd point out that at one time you did recommend this synth (aliasing aside). This from a thread titled "Top Software Synths". :wink:

Btw on further use with this my initial impression still holds. It can be unruly on cpu though if you tweak settings the wrong way, that's true enough.

I really need to chill now on on buying up software synths left & right, but i digress. Lot of good sounding synths out there though so what am i supposed to do, not buy them? Stop putting them on sale and maybe i'd consider it.
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
5573 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Arkham Asylum

Postby murnau; Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:44 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

david.beholder wrote:
chk071 wrote:Far as i know, Admiral Quality=1 guy, u-he=12 guys. What's your point exactly? We all got now that you don't like Poly-Ana, no need to stress ridiculous comparisons with companies you are fanboi off.


:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

chk071 wrote:Seriously, you should refrain from advising people what they should do or not...


U-he is initally 1 man company and was 2-3 man company in 2012. They've expanded because they were able to sell old and release new synths effeciently instead of doing nothing and set synth sale once a year.


At least Mike did more then you till today. You really try to blame the man because he have "only" one synth? :dog: :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
User avatar
david.beholder
KVRian
 
1430 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:59 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

murnau wrote:At least Mike did more then you till today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
Image Murderous duck!
twal
KVRist
 
130 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Postby twal; Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

The demo sounds amazing. "Release me". Might have to demo than buy it. Just sounds really fat. I hope they update it. I just hate for it to be forgotten..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the L'il Poly can use banks and patches made by her big sister tho can't make them herself?

EDIT: Nevermind, emailed Mike and he got back to me right away, and they are interchangeable.

Also, worth nothing: If you purchase a license for the Poly-Ana you automatically get it for L'il

This is good if you want to only solely tweak the parameters in L'il having the smaller interface while in a song.

Seems like he really loves his product, so I would expect a good future.
twal
KVRist
 
130 posts since 10 Feb, 2017

Postby twal; Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Last day 31st to get this at a great price. Love him or hate him this synth is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCNB849mxJA for a demo

And I would love for more presets people. Please make some!
crystalmsc
KVRist
 
413 posts since 18 Aug, 2012

Postby crystalmsc; Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:07 am Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

Happy 10th anniversary to Poly-Ana, a cool update is going to be a great way to celebrate!

This sounds promising:
"..And while work on Poly-Ana 2.x will be starting soon (a complete ground-up re-write that will further expand Poly's already huge voice architecture as well as add an effects section)"
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
 
6073 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:21 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

crystalmsc wrote:Happy 10th anniversary to Poly-Ana, a cool update is going to be a great way to celebrate!

This sounds promising:
"..And while work on Poly-Ana 2.x will be starting soon (a complete ground-up re-write that will further expand Poly's already huge voice architecture as well as add an effects section)"


Was this quote from more recent than a few years ago when he first announced V2?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22606 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:35 pm Re: Poly-Ana: Coming soon from Admiral Quality.

There's an update in the works ...
http://admiralquality.com/
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

FEATURED
Cutting Edge Technology meets Cutting Edge Craft: An interview with Jordan Rudess
Advertisements