Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oatmeal

Thanks, Glassback :)
..what goes around comes around..

Thank you Glassback!

Everything for Oatmeal in one basket 8)

Paul Eye wrote:Well, I did post this in the Oatmeal thread, but here it is again: Majken's skin updated to 36-1 by me. All that permission stuff is taken care of :)

Majken_mod_03.zip
Updated. 8)

Yeager wrote:Thanks !

Yeager.
ouroboros wrote:Thanks, Glassback :)
Artvera wrote:Thank you Glassback!

Everything for Oatmeal in one basket 8)
:tu:

I don't have a full bank yet but here is a Clav sound patch for this lovely synth ;)
Hi glassback can you change the link (I uploaded wrong file) :dog:
Edited: http://www.4shared.com/file/1502550/ce75b05/clav.html
Last edited by D-Fusion on Thu May 04, 2006 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Fusion wrote:I don't have a full bank yet but here is a Clav sound patch for this lovely synth ;)
http://media2.uploadjar.com/file.php?fi ... s/clav.omp
Added, thanks. 8)

8)

Can you fix the link on the front page?
I sent you the wrong file :dog:
See my other post :D

I just discovered and installed Oatmeal. A couple of questions/remarks:

- how comes only 8 presets? Did I miss something or is it because of the random button?
- I like the Ocean skin from Vera as well as the Albino lookalike
- am I the only one to think there's too much stuff packed in the GUI?
- dunno what Oatmeal means, but I think the developer should consider renaming this baby. The name, along with the "mediocre synth" thing was the reason why I overlooked it in the first place.

D-Fusion wrote:Can you fix the link on the front page?
I sent you the wrong file :dog:
See my other post :D
Done. 8)

leonard wrote:I just discovered and installed Oatmeal. A couple of questions/remarks:

- how comes only 8 presets? Did I miss something or is it because of the random button?
- I like the Ocean skin from Vera as well as the Albino lookalike
- am I the only one to think there's too much stuff packed in the GUI?
- dunno what Oatmeal means, but I think the developer should consider renaming this baby. The name, along with the "mediocre synth" thing was the reason why I overlooked it in the first place.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another Convert / True Believer. :D :D :D Teh Funnay. Fuzzpilz is just about the most modest developer on the vsti planet, isn't he? :wink:
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

Oops, I found a bug :oops:
The lower row of knobs on the MIDI page were misplaced by 1 pixel. Fixed here:

edit: outdated link removed
Contains all the same files with the same filenames as mod_03, but with the updated .oms file.
Last edited by Paul Eye on Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is probably a dumb question, but say you want one oscillator to come in a tad later than the other oscilator. As near as I can tell, there is no envelope for the oscilators, only for the filters. Actually there are two envelope controller banks for the filters, but none for the oscilators. What does the second envelope bank do for the filter, and how do you stagger the oscilators? I have read the manual, but I don't get it.

I am used to Wusikstation, where this is easy to do. Otherwise, I find Oatmeal to be a very useable and musical synth.

Another thing, the user wave forms. Do you just go in there with the mouse and design your own wave form? I have been doing that, but it is basically trial and error, and I don't really know what I am doing. A lot of fun though. Are you supposed to look at a wav for a cello, for example, and then attempt to draw it? You can't load a sample? Not a criticism, just a question.

Thanks,

Joh

2ndStringer wrote:This is probably a dumb question, but say you want one oscillator to come in a tad later than the other oscilator. As near as I can tell, there is no envelope for the oscilators, only for the filters. Actually there are two envelope controller banks for the filters, but none for the oscilators. What does the second envelope bank do for the filter, and how do you stagger the oscilators? I have read the manual, but I don't get it.

I am used to Wusikstation, where this is easy to do. Otherwise, I find Oatmeal to be a very useable and musical synth.

Another thing, the user wave forms. Do you just go in there with the mouse and design your own wave form? I have been doing that, but it is basically trial and error, and I don't really know what I am doing. A lot of fun though. Are you supposed to look at a wav for a cello, for example, and then attempt to draw it? You can't load a sample? Not a criticism, just a question.

Thanks,

Joh
Okay Joh, actually there is one envelope dedicated to filter, one to the oscillators, and two assignable envelopes. They are each in boxes labeled Mod Env 1 and Mod Env 2. Inside each mod env section there are 4 X's with knobs beside them. Right click on an X and there's a popup menu. Left click on "1 Amp" or "2 Amp," whichever one you want to delay the attack. Turn the knob to the left of the selected item to the far right (100%) and that mod env will now completely control whatever you selected rather than the dedicated envelope. The popup list is huge, so wear your seatbelt when you do this! :hihi: Each ModEnv can variably control up to 4 parameters.

Oh, I'm rereading your question. Let me back up and say that the dedicated filter envelope is sort of in the middle of the filter section. And the dedicated oscillator envelope is the envelope in the bottom of the filter section (Just to the right of Osc 2.)

Confused yet? Read on, it gets deeper. Persevere, in your studies of this baby. The time will pay off.

Okay, now the section on User Waveforms. Turning the page, class, let's read slowly..... :hihi: Okay, starting with osc 1. Click on the waveform window and notice that there are several "preset waveforms" and 2 that say USER. The plain USER has no pulse width modulation capability. The one that says "USER USER" allows you to apply PWM to its waveform. If you select USER, as you know, the waveform window opens at the bottom.

If you right click in the waveform draw window you get a popup menu of neat stuff to do in that window. Go to the top of the window and click on EDIT/DISPLAY SPECTRUM. With this feature you toggle back and forth between the harmonic bars adjustment or the wavedraw method of changing the wave.

In the same menu you can select presets and get even more waveform presets that you originally found in the oscillator windows.

Do whatever you want at this point. IE, got a bland sound? click on FM in the same menu, and set the level of FM you'd like to apply. Too much FM, OOPS? Click on UNDO in the same menu. Nearly finished tweaking? Click on fix to remove any DC offsets.

Really like that new wave? Click on COPY and you can paste it into the other oscillator waveform editor, OR into a completely different preset.

Does Oatmeal analyse or load external waves? Nope, Bummer. :( For that, spend $198 bucks on Spectra. :D

In the earlier 35-x releases of Oatmeal, someone had done a new skin that had a much more logical layout of the params. But in the new 36-x series the gui's are back to the original layout - slightly confusing.

This is a terrific new ubersynth of great depth with a slightly confusing gui design. I opted to use ArtVera's Ocean gui to give me something nice to look at for hours on end while exploring this marvel. :D
ChocoLatteRabbit
"They often calls me coffee 'cause I grinds so fine."
Unknown bluesman

Well thanks for your tips Choco ! Great post.

Return to “Instruments”