Free VSTi: Suburban Guitarist VSTi (Beta v1.1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HOLY BAJEBUS! Now this sounds totally convincing compared to a couple of other "guitar simulators". Unfortunately I can't test it "yet" due to Otitis Externa (swolen ear canals are NO FUN!), but it's promising from the demo and you made me curious.

Two things I'm interested in however:
1) A bigger snapshot of the GUI
2) How do you trigger Powerchords? With regular keyboard play (if so, how) or did you insert a specific mode?

And last but not least, will it remain free or do you plan to ask for a small fee (which is fine with me, if I find some hidden treasures in a cave or something to fill the holes in my wallet).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

This is a really nice plugin indeed, I liked it a lot. I think, adding a string release noise would be a nice improvement. Also, it would be good to have some way to control palm mute and harmonics controls in real-time using MIDI controllers.

Just one thing, keep it simple of dumb keyboard players like me. :lol:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox, put it into rhythm mode and insert chordme before it and you can use it to play power chords nice and easily. Can get some interesting and quite guitar like power chords out of it through freeAmp2

It's nice but I prefer a rosewood fretboard on my Strat!! :P
Just kidding sounds great through Freeamp2 and ReValverMkII.

Cheers......CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

I commend you for jumping in at the deep end, certainly took on one of the most difficult things to emulate, that's for sure.

Had a play, occasionally it did sound realistic I have to admit, so good job :)

Caco wrote:Compyfox, put it into rhythm mode and insert chordme before it and you can use it to play power chords nice and easily. Can get some interesting and quite guitar like power chords out of it through freeAmp2
I have two guitars but can't play them yet. What kind of chords are powerchords anyway? Root with added 5th or something special? Ah yeah, and I'm a bit used to "ChordSpace" rather than ChordMe (if I need a chord trigger tool), so yeah.

:hihi: I thought this was going to be a virtual incarnation of me from the name. :P

Thanx Greg! I'll give this a run through when I need a break from Wusikstation programming. :)

Peace
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Compyfox wrote:I have two guitars but can't play them yet. What kind of chords are powerchords anyway? Root with added 5th or something special?
What I do for powerchords is just play: root, 5th, octave

Works really well for drop D tuning because then the lowest strings are already in that position, so you just have to fret all three strings at the same time to get this basic powerchord.

Also I will put in MIDI automation... you can use NRPN controllers until then...

Er... I have no idea of NRPN controllers either (until you mean MIDI CC#). But that's okay. ;)

Compyfox wrote:Er... I have no idea of NRPN controllers either (until you mean MIDI CC#). But that's okay. ;)
NRPN controllers are like MIDI CC#, but they're specific to the VST/VSTi you're using. You should be able to find them very closeby to the MIDI CC# in your DAW.

Working on the update right now, I'll probably be uploading the update really soon.

Fixes include:

- button selector graphics reversed
- removed scratchy volume knob (waste of CPU for that novelty)
- main controls all respond to MIDI CC#
- longer sustain
- fixed some pitch problems with the palm muting (now pitch only goes up slightly, as it should)
- contemplating removing the "tune button", but it actually is useful when the guitar goes a little out of tune, making powerchords sound more realistic. (having a little beat frequencies in the distortion is what brings it alive)

The download will be up in a bit. I'll let you know when.

Compyfox wrote:I have two guitars but can't play them yet. What kind of chords are powerchords anyway? Root with added 5th or something special? Ah yeah, and I'm a bit used to "ChordSpace" rather than ChordMe (if I need a chord trigger tool), so yeah.
--Wow a guitar player who doesn't know what power chords are? Praise be the Lord!!!!
:ud:
We. We are. We are our. We are ourselves.
We are our elves!

discordianvision wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I have two guitars but can't play them yet. What kind of chords are powerchords anyway? Root with added 5th or something special? Ah yeah, and I'm a bit used to "ChordSpace" rather than ChordMe (if I need a chord trigger tool), so yeah.
--Wow a guitar player who doesn't know what power chords are? Praise be the Lord!!!!
:ud:
Lol, no kidding! I get that same old question from beginner guitarists: "How do I play powerchords?" That's probably the first question they ask when starting guitar. :lol:

Haha... I learn it the "oldschool" way (meaning I can play two chords - and they're not powerchords), heh. I just wish my damn swolen ears would heal up, so I can check out all the good new stuff. Suburban Guitarist, FreeAmp2 and a handful of other stuff recently released on KVR.

OOooh, me like!

I'm gonna download it now and maybe tonight ill get into playing it and doing a demo.

as you know i sure appreciate a PM synth in any form!

Return to “Instruments”