Free VSTi: Suburban Guitarist VSTi (Beta v1.1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First impressions are good but as youve seen cc# control is needed.

Especially if there was a way to assign cc#'s, im not exactly sure where i wanna map breath control off my wx5, and have programmable control ranges for each knob and maybe be able to have the same cc# control several parameters.

easy to think of this stuff but its probably all very pain in the ass to program, sorry!

As I can still hear "shit" with my left ear (which makes it impossible using Cubase at all for me atm), I'd really appreciate seeing a bigger snapshot from the GUI to at least "imagine" what'S going on.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hope your ear is feeling better soon! My computer crashed and after I rebooted things were acting a little strange, so I backed everything up on an external harddrive and reinstalled Windows. Much better, but it put me a little behind schedule. The next beta of this is just about ready...
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

So... do I get this right that all everything, the feedback, the small nouances in the sound, etc, don't have to be controlled by MIDI CC# but you only setup your VSTi once, then play till it's getting out of tune, and then get back? Unless you want to change the style of play in the middle of the track, right?

Speaking of "getting out of tune". How soon happens that? After like 3-5 repeats of the full song or does it take actually longer? And what are the exact differences of "Lead" and "Rhythm" mode?

Somebody should do a guitar solo with FreeAmp2 and the enhanced patches circling around at the boards, so we can hear the full potential of this VSTi.

Also, thanks for the best wishes. I can hear better now, but still mono, and now my second ear starts to itch too. I HATE THE SUMMER, and I hate if that happens especially if I have important stuff to do.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:So... do I get this right that all everything, the feedback, the small nouances in the sound, etc, don't have to be controlled by MIDI CC# but you only setup your VSTi once, then play till it's getting out of tune, and then get back? Unless you want to change the style of play in the middle of the track, right?
Basically the "tune" button is a toggle button. When it's down, it keeps the guitar in perfect tune, when it's not, the guitar will gradually drift out of tune.

Actually I'm planning on just making it a knob so you can adjust how much it's out of tune, and it'll stay there. Powerchords sound much more realistic when it's just a little out of tune.
And what are the exact differences of "Lead" and "Rhythm" mode?
Basically just mono and poly mode.

This is the big exciting new vsti for me atm, if you can set it up so i can map breath control to both the harmonic knob and pick position and have seperate curves/ranges for how much each is affected and palm mute on cc#16 then ill start rattling off demos at once. right now im playing my wx5 with one hand while adjusting the knobs with the other, and the sax keys of the wx5 need both hands heh.

So i guess i'm to the point of begging!! plplplplpleeeeeaaase!!!!

Yeah, what I want to do is have a whole page of the VSTi GUI to let you map the controllers.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

What sort of controller numbers do you guys usually use/prefer?

Right now I've got:

1: Mod Wheel
2: Breath
11: Expression
16: General Purpose Slider
17: General Purpose Slider
18: General Purpose Slider
19: General Purpose Slider
64: Hold Pedal
67: Soft Pedal

Do you prefer any differently/others?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

A few quick observations:

Neat! Lemme test it a bit before I pass judgement, but I like it so far.

Kinman pups on the graphic? Kewl beans, if they are!

Why is the "Volume" knob on the Strat turned to "1"?
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Hehe.
I gave it a try tonight, and I won't be trading in my PRS just yet, but it's fun.
I don't like the ground hum. I don't think it's a good idea to have that default at max volume. My guitar certainly doesn't make that high pitched noise ever... Plus often the hum stops when you touch the strings, so the hum is usually only heard when the guitar isn't really being used.

The tune thing, well, I'm glad that's optional too. I smiled when I read about it, but I switched it off. Good idea to have a max outage setting. Again, my PRS doesn't much lose its tuning. And power chords sound WAY better when in perfect tune. So there. :)
And +1 on the sustain, particularly on the higher notes.

What else. Oh, yes. Not many solos are played only one note at a time all way through you know. So the lead setting should at least have a polyphony of 2, imo. Or maybe a setting. That's the only difference between lead and rhythm, right? Polyphony?

How about a "strum" setting in addition to lead and rhythm? One where a chord gets a quick arpeggio treatment?

Fun thing, Gregjazz. Good effort. And like someone said, a tough undertaking indeed.

8)
Rakkervoksen

Jafo wrote: Why is the "Volume" knob on the Strat turned to "1"?
Duh! It's 11, of course!

My spies inform me that Hovmod wrote:
Jafo wrote: Why is the "Volume" knob on the Strat turned to "1"?
Duh! It's 11, of course!
:hihi:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

The "my volume goes to 11" is timelessly funny cause its so true.

I'm thrillizzled that your implementing cc's especially breath.

I wanna talk more about ranges. being able to assign the range that a cc will affect a knob is really cool and it rules on the vsti's that have and painfully sux on the ones that dont and i oftten have to resort to running filter scripts in midi input transformer, ouch.

i can easily envision presets where ill want breath to control both pick position and harmonic with seperate narrow ranges defined for both, and if thats not asking too much then id add itd be cool if the ranges could include smoothing/rounding. :-o

but with all that youll have every windsynth player on the windlist cheering.

minor moan: at that size, why no .zip? don't fancy gonig to treouble of installing 7-zip on this pc, so it'll have to wait until i find a rental. demo sounds nice!

if you want custom gui work done, hit me up.. i do 3d modeling :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Greg, I'd recommend adding Aftertouch as a controller in addition to the ones you already mentioned.

Return to “Instruments”