Your wish for KarmaFX Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OS X version

a mod matrix would be nice. also, a gate/trigger output on the envelope follower.

I've seen this synth in FutureMusic, I think Computer Music and something else in the last two months. Future Music actually raved about it quite heavily. I haven't really toyed with it much, but the only thing I could ask for is: get this - VST support. I know there's plenty of effects and such, but if I could import my own into a modular environment :hyper: (still holding off on eXT)...

But in truth, it's a monster as is.

ksn wrote:
Aekidens wrote:Stability ..
what do you mean ? i never had any trouble with karma concerning stability myself. any host in particular ?
He must mean emotional stability.

Weren't some people doing a preset comp for this synth, Tim Conrady included? It would be great to see an all-star sound designer soundset for this. Scot Solida could also contribute. He could recreate the best presets from his hardware modulars.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Armored78 wrote:a mod matrix would be nice.
Um...OK Why? You have a million times more flexibility and control with the current method of wiring any output into any input or knob...a mod matrix adds an unneccessary level of abstraction for modulation routing.

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:i would like a crossfader module.
doesnt the new "mixer" module do that? takes 2 inputs and allows u to do an A-B mix, with a knob to fade between the 2?

i only suggested the mod matrix for quick switching between mod sources while playing live.

Armored78 wrote:i only suggested the mod matrix for quick switching between mod sources while playing live.
It's a nice idea anyway. Being able to see/use common mod controllers would be handy and well within the 'world' of analog synths, don't you think?

BTW is there any idea about how much a licence is likely to cost?

Regarding beta compatibility:
Dozius wrote:Might be worth it to ask on the karmaFX forums just be sure.
MadPsyance wrote:Good call, will do. :tu:
edit: just did.
...and still no replies to my post on the karma forum...he must not check it often. :help:

MadPsyance wrote:Regarding beta compatibility:
Dozius wrote:Might be worth it to ask on the karmaFX forums just be sure.
MadPsyance wrote:Good call, will do. :tu:
edit: just did.
...and still no replies to my post on the karma forum...he must not check it often. :help:
Kasper is usually very active on the forum (replies quickly), but for whatever reason he's not been often there these last days...

Hey guys ! Nice thread!

sorry for not being so active... been busy wrapping up v0.96 which is due out any day now....
Thanks for all your input! I really appreciate it!

Regarding the compatability issue (repost of my reply to MadPsyance): Yes!, I try to make it versions backwards compatible, so old patches really _should_ load without problems! This it also a great help for me, since I don't have to update all the preset patches in the synth!!

That said, I can imagine that versions before 0.91, might not load as expected due to "Patches are now saved within the song in the host" feature introduced in v0.91.

In any case, it's always a good idea to make a backup dump of you track, since the sound produced by some modules might change. This is rarely the case, but if a module can sound better I'll make those changes as long as the synth is beta.

I'm still adding new features, but the todo list is getting really short these days, and I plan to have the first non-beta release candidate (0.99) ready in Q1 of 2007.

Happy holidays !!... and enjoy the new version when its out ! :-)

mushroom funk 8)

... an analog type sequencer/arpegiator....

..have you seen the programs that controls the Nord Modular G2?

...nice place for ideas for karmaFX in my opinion... :)

> ... an analog type sequencer/arpegiator....
will be in v0.96 :-)

> ..have you seen the programs that controls the Nord Modular G2?
no, please show me...link?

I will definitely be giving karmafx a testdrive :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Return to “Instruments”