Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Ori Green Dragon
KVRer
4 posts since 7 Oct, 2019

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:38 am

Nahkranoth wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:05 am
I sent a private message to Bam, concerning your problem, let's wait for his answer.
It's a good news. Thank you for your help, Nahkranoth. Of course I understand and respect their rights...and I'm not going to put anywhere these plugins to download.
Regards.

mztk
KVRAF
3005 posts since 13 Jun, 2004

Re: Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:48 am

the idea of a 'museum of free VST' is good. i think the place to start with it is to do 'volumes', of, say, 500mb each.
start with 'Vol.1', the Early Years, and fill that up, get consent from devs where licenses are unclear, or prohibit redistribution (they may have changed their mind over time, or if it's a credible not-for-profit project), and then produce a pdf guide, or have it in html - i still think that the best way to organised a VST folder is to have each plugin in its own folder with its resource files, so unzipping a plugin to a folder of the same name would make sense.

and then go on to Vol.2 etc.
this maybe doesn't organise things by developer though - unless you cheat a bit, and do 'early' devs first.

thing is, what you inevitably get then, is some scammer selling CDs of this stuff online for profit, as you may have seen.

Nahkranoth
KVRian
535 posts since 12 Sep, 2007 from Ukraine

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:14 am

Ori Green Dragon, here's Bam's response:
actually no problem, but I recommend, that he should wait until the end of October, because the forum will move to a new server on 26.10.2019 at the latest.
At the moment the forum has a lot of errors (download is faulty and no new users can register), we completely reinstalled the forum software on the new server and then imported the database + files to the new installation.
If he wants to register immediately, I need a username and an e-mail. Then I create an account for him. At the moment there is no other way.
Therefore my recommendation, a little patience
I can confirm, that every download is broken, but half of them can be repaired as archives. So you'll better wait and then RAID THE WHOLE SITE!!! :D

Ori Green Dragon
KVRer
4 posts since 7 Oct, 2019

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:15 am

Nahkranoth wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:14 am
Ori Green Dragon, here's Bam's response:
actually no problem, but I recommend, that he should wait until the end of October, because the forum will move to a new server on 26.10.2019 at the latest.
At the moment the forum has a lot of errors (download is faulty and no new users can register), we completely reinstalled the forum software on the new server and then imported the database + files to the new installation.
If he wants to register immediately, I need a username and an e-mail. Then I create an account for him. At the moment there is no other way.
Therefore my recommendation, a little patience
I can confirm, that every download is broken, but half of them can be repaired as archives. So you'll better wait and then RAID THE WHOLE SITE!!! :D
OK, no problem...I can wait a few weeks...and I'm happy to hear that music-society.de website will work again.
Greetings to you and Bam.

MrVitalic
KVRer
1 posts since 29 Aug, 2019

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:30 am

Hi guys, I searched all over the internet, including the wayback machine and facebook groups, for fxpansion Orca on mac osx. As mentioned on this thread, the only version I found was for windows on vst planet. What a shame :( Could one of you be our savior and share his install dmg on google drive ?? Also the osx version is universal binary, so I could use it on my powermac g5. I want that synth so bad, its the weirdest gui I ever seen in my life...If I get my hands on it, I could possibly post it on macintosh garden for future generation to enjoy. THX

stockholm808
KVRist
99 posts since 4 Apr, 2010

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Ok here is what we have in the Greatest VST Collection case.

I have written to many of the old members which i was sure about or hoping for had serious collection of vsts. Got some answers, everybody was positive but most of them hadnt got anything to share. Those who i surely knew had a rich collection never answered. That says to me that they dont want to make their collection public. We are only 4 or 5 that supports the idea but it doesnt cover the total collection i guess. End of story.

Just wanted to say that Tangerine Dream fans made the Tangerine Tree and Tangerine Leaf project and made it public. It was a huge work , actually the biggest fan effort i had heard about. Search on the net if you dont know what it was. I thought we could make something similar here.

mztk
KVRAF
3005 posts since 13 Jun, 2004

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:15 am

imo you must refer to bob bobwood's listing of every known VST(i) and take it from there.
10,000 or more plugins (easily). but a lot of them won't allow redistribution without express permission,
so you'd be stuck there. that is the problem with this idea.
just keeping the log up to date was a big job for bobwood.
plus you note that this site does not (notionally) permit any 'illegal' downloads, which includes in breach
of licenses, whether commercial or not. most linking here was originally to existing downloads or stuff
available via the Wayback Machine.

arkmabat
KVRAF
3605 posts since 6 Nov, 2009

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Nahkranoth wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:11 am
Here's Breath Cube: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhsqj0lgqzg8f ... e.zip?dl=0.
Cube Breath is missing in my collection, never heard of Midi Breath, is it even real?
I have a ton of XOXOS' vsts on an external HHD at home. Only thing is, I don't know which are freeware and payware and obviously I won't redistribute his payware.

arkmabat
KVRAF
3605 posts since 6 Nov, 2009

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:13 pm

mztk wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:15 am
imo you must refer to bob bobwood's listing of every known VST(i) and take it from there.
10,000 or more plugins (easily). but a lot of them won't allow redistribution without express permission,
so you'd be stuck there. that is the problem with this idea.
just keeping the log up to date was a big job for bobwood.
plus you note that this site does not (notionally) permit any 'illegal' downloads, which includes in breach
of licenses, whether commercial or not. most linking here was originally to existing downloads or stuff
available via the Wayback Machine.
Where is that listing? Nice. Bob's been at it for over a decade, I believe.

mrsugmad
KVRist
117 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Would you be able to make those volumes as '32bit' and '64bit' ?
So many of the older ones would be unfortunately useless in modern computers (no jbridge please)

Return to “Instruments”