CZ-101 VSTi - -Cancelled

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i need some testers for the new KZ-101 synth, a 'copy' of the Casio CZ-101. If you have an original to compare sound/performance with that would be very cool

its as close as i can get at the moment, but i really need ppl who have experienc of the hardware synth to try it and seee how it copmares.

email me or PM me here for the .dll. I also have a sysex editor that will allow you to copy original sounds over by hand, but it does take a long feckin time :hihi:

its huge and doesnt look pretty, but to get all those controls on it has to be for now.

Dave

kriminal [at] kara-moon [dot] com
Last edited by Kriminal on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Krim, I can't A/B it with a 101 but I've got a CZ5000...pretty similar I think.

Feel free to e-mail me the .dll:

stonetree1@hotmail.com

Cheers.....CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

mail sent, cheers!

pm sent

I have a CZ-101, but no time to test. :cry:

Edit: Krim, I seem to remember that our babies were born just about the same time. How the hell do you find time to develop VSTs?? :shock: Of course, I did have a second kid last November... I'm still just trying to get a good 6 hours sleep! :help:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Not having tested it yet, let me say that it would be a good idea, perhaps for a later enhancement, to aim for the CZ-1 instead, which is virtually identical, but adds velocity sensitivity (I have one of those).

I guess I've some experience with the hardware, check my CZ-1 only demo ;)

http://musik.freepage.de/summa/LovetheCZ.mp3
A formant is a preferred resonating frequency of any acoustical system.

GatoKonBotas wrote:Not having tested it yet, let me say that it would be a good idea, perhaps for a later enhancement, to aim for the CZ-1 instead, which is virtually identical, but adds velocity sensitivity (I have one of those).
I agree! The 101/1000 is a fine start, but why stop there. A hybrid of all the programmable CZs (sequencer, velocity, aftertouch) wouldn't be too difficult once you have the basics of the 101/1000, or so it would seem. But the 101/1000 has yet to be wrapped up, right now. :)

SciFiArtMan

Well, he has to get the basics right first, by the way the GUI looks, I'd estimate he got the ringmod wrong, otherwise it wouldn't need an amount ;)

That's true. Ring Mod, Oscillator Mix and Noise mod are all one-button On/Off functions on the original. :wink:
AFAIK the CZ-101 doesn't have programmable LFO's or a chorus too.

Good effort, though! :)

Kriminal wrote:mail sent, cheers!
Groovy!! 8) I'm on the road right now....should be back
home Tues or Wed. I'll give it go as soon as we get back.

Cheers.....CL :oops:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Kai VejaR wrote:That's true. Ring Mod, Oscillator Mix and Noise mod are all one-button On/Off functions on the original. :wink:

A level for ringmod is not needed on the original synth, since the amount can be adjusted with the help of DCA2 envelope...

Kai VejaR wrote:That's true. Ring Mod, Oscillator Mix and Noise mod are all one-button On/Off functions on the original. :wink:

the original had an LFO that was only used for vibrato, but i dont see why i should have to limit it just to be accurate to that. I can expand it to whatever really, but im trying to keep it as close as possible to original with a little more flexibility.

as i said, im not really sure how to do the ringmod or noise mode, but i have found a casionoise module i can look into. Im sure i can change the ringmod to on off too if i look into it. Right now i have to try and sort the rate/levels, they seem to be timed wrong to the original, accoriding to another tester....

thanks for the info, dont be shy, its all good ;)

Dave

I wouldn't have mentioned it, but the control of the RM amount by DCA2 is important for the more interesting CZ Sounds. While RM is set to on, DCA1 is responsible for the overall volume while DAC2 is controlling the RM Amount and DCO2 is only audiable as part of the Ringmod...

Sorry for the delay in responding Kriminal, I've only been able to spend a short time with it in between musical projects I'm working on. As you've mentioned, the Rate/Level parameters are not quite right yet, they don't seem to be as 'responsive' as the original.

Also, I'm getting a massive CPU hit fluctuating between 64-100% even when idling on my 2.54gHz machine. (Admittedly I'm using an older version of Orion, but I'm not one of those people who upgrades his Host every week, although an upgrade is due in the next couple of months.)

Respect to you for giving it a go and I hope you'll continue to tweak it. I'll be happy to continue testing any updated versions you do. :-)

Return to “Instruments”