VST Oversampler 1.4 (with SSE/3DNow! support)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VST Oversampler

Disclaimer

There's no guarantee on this. If your computer leaves you for another man and your wife requires an operating system reinstall as a result from using this plugin, I'm not liable for anything (except an apology, maybe :hihi:)

What it does

The oversampler "hosts" another VST plugin, and oversamples it by 2. Because of this, aliasing has twice the frequency range to unfold, which means that the aliasing that enters back into the audible domain is much less, and upon downsampling, the upper range (containing only aliasing) is discarded. This results in audibly reduced aliasing.

How to get it

http://chris.r.walton.googlepages.com/oversampler
Last edited by Chris Walton on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

Oh Yes, Sir Thank You! Very Much.

nice. trying it now. thanks!

I just added a small audio demo.

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

:tu:

Just found a bug myself - added to the TODO list.

Small code = Good code

Thx Arke :tu:

Heh, I ran the vstxsynth through it. You can't have more naive oscillators than that. I noticed a definite improvement in aliasing, i.e. less of it.

I'm looking forward to studying the source code.

Thanks for this. :) Is there a way to implement greater than 2x oversampling?

Hi,

it would be neat if this could be done not only to a single VST, but rather to a complete chain.
This way there would only be the need to do the resampling once for all instruments and not
multiple times.

I have wondered why Steinberg or other DAW-manufacturers have not implemented such an operating
mode yet. Running the converters with 44.1khz should be good enough (and if you have "normal"
ADAT converters you can't go above 48khz anyway!).

Tobias

Chris Walton wrote:

How to use

It's quite simple. Place the .dll into the same folder as the .dll of the VST you wish to oversample. If the plugin you want to oversample is called <plugin>.dll, then rename the oversampler .dll to <plugin>.os.dll.
Hi Chris
Here's a 'perverse' question:
if I'd like to run the oversampler with energyXTE (VST not stand alone) hosted by SaviHost? SaviHost works like your: by renaming the original dll, but <plugin>.exe so... I've to put your dll into energy's folder, then rename the oversampler .dll to energyXTE.os.dll, then place SaviHost.exe into the same folder, then rename it to energyXTE.os.exe; finally double click the exe and...? BOOM!!!: if this 'perverse' renamingame does work we should run SaviHost =>hosting energyXTE *oversampled* => hosting whatever VST FX-Synth you'll drag'ndrop. That would be so cool!
What do you think about: should it work?

Thnx!

Antonio

Heres another perverse question - can i down sample with it

powercore virus will not run for love or money at 96khz - i run a few projects at that rate but would like to use the virus too - so if you could have a downsampling host that would be great
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

it would be neat if this could be done not only to a single VST, but rather to a complete chain.
This way there would only be the need to do the resampling once for all instruments and not
multiple times.
This should work using energyxt as a plug inside the host, no? Put EnergyXT into oversampler and then load whatever you like into EnergyXT?

Cheers, Jo
You have no right to remain silent!
www.soundcloud/phunkberater

to-pse wrote: This way there would only be the need to do the resampling once for all instruments and not
multiple times.
OopsTobias I didn't read your post, or was writing mine while you posted your... anyway if my idea doesn't break your computer...
it could be next to what are you looking for... doesn't it?

well. don't mean to bash wusik but i just saved myself $40 ...

Return to “Instruments”