Shortcircuit now freeware.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
4163 posts since 8 Mar, 2005

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:39 am

can the developer PLEASE work on SC2? I'm willing to PAY to get SC2 to work completely. It is the most beautiful, well thought out sampler I've seen. It beats Battery3 for churning out beats.

KVRAF
5713 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:25 am

It's only a half-good new. I wish Claes would have time for developing both Surge and SC but it's true that many people complained about the lack of news for SC2. I was a bit surprised by the fact that Surge was selling more than SC. There are not so many soft samplers on the market and very few in this range, and there are so many more synths. I hope he made the good choice and he will stay in the business with only Surge (or maybe he has something else on the way ?).
You can't always get what you waaaant...

KVRAF
1958 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from France's Dirty South

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:29 am

not sure if this is great or bad news, but in any way i hope it will help claes, as his work is utterly under rated.

KVRAF
1758 posts since 13 Jul, 2004

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:39 am

That's excellent news for me as a musician. I usually can't afford expensive plugins (when even my host cost less than 50€ (I won Live, and can't update it!)), but instead of charging big price, then releasing it for nothing, I m wondering why developpers don't copy the energyXT or Reaper price policy: It's far easier to buy cheap plugin, no need to save money across months, so people can buy them like they would buy toys. I m not aware of business model in software developpement, but I "feel" incomes could be the same, or even higher, with low price policy. Any developpers could give informations or thoughts??

KVRAF

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:40 am

That's what I meant.

KVRAF
5703 posts since 6 Dec, 2003 from Mission Control

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:49 am

uh-oh... Did we just get a new "best freeware sampler"? Major "WOW"! This baby loves SFZ files.

Thank you Claes :)

KVRist
277 posts since 18 Aug, 2006

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:53 am

WOOOOOOORD! Many thanks Vemberaudio! This one sampler is surely one of the best and I have thought about getting it more than once, but had to compromise with the free version.
Now there really is no better alternative in the freeware world!
The only sad thing is that version 2 won't ever get finished by the looks of it..

Many many thanks again!
Cheers
K.

KVRAF

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm

silicon/silicium wrote:That's excellent news for me as a musician. I usually can't afford expensive plugins (when even my host cost less than 50€ (I won Live, and can't update it!)), but instead of charging big price, then releasing it for nothing, I m wondering why developpers don't copy the energyXT or Reaper price policy: It's far easier to buy cheap plugin, no need to save money across months, so people can buy them like they would buy toys. I m not aware of business model in software developpement, but I "feel" incomes could be the same, or even higher, with low price policy. Any developpers could give informations or thoughts??

I totally agree with you. Same policy here.

KVRAF
19096 posts since 13 Feb, 2003 from Vancouver, Canada

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:35 pm

:o :-o WHOA!!

Thanks so much, Vemberaudio! Wow. I was wondering what happened to this ever-promising product...

KVRAF
5703 posts since 6 Dec, 2003 from Mission Control

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:37 pm

I retract my previous statement that this may be the new best freeware sampler. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best freeware of any kind to date. This is just wonderful.

Thanks again

It's pretty great already but use it with SampleCatalog and it's staggering.
http://www.geocities.com/samplecatalog/

KVRAF
8518 posts since 7 Apr, 2003

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:42 pm

what a gift. SC1 is awesome. SC2 is very nice too but seems not as functional. SC1 is easy and sounds wonderful. totally excellent of vember audio to do this. :hug:

between highlife and SC1 you dont need anything else for sampling. SC1 loads sfz, highlife can create sfz, the world is a wonderful place for audio geeks.

KVRist
35 posts since 11 Aug, 2006 from Zenta (Senta), SRB

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:08 pm

Thank you Vember Audio! This is such a generous gift! Respect :tu:
--------------------
Nineteen Ninety Nine
--------------------

KVRAF
8020 posts since 2 Aug, 2005 from Guitar Land, USA

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:08 pm

It's great for drum sampling, does 24-bit.

How do you load samples in SC 2? In 1, it's working fine.

In version2, in the samples folder I understand about creating shortcuts there to my actual sample folders. The samples are in Sc2, I click on them and I can preview a sound, but I can't load them...nor can I map to midi notes. Thanks.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

KVRAF
21339 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:12 pm

I may be stupid but I haven't managed to figure out how to load programs into SC2... :?

KVRAF
2029 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:13 pm

sweet! I was just thinking of buying this. I already own surge as my go-to synth. but i needed sometihng to replace the xt1 sampler in xt2! yes!
Do not lick the fablanky

Return to “Instruments”