Shortcircuit now freeware.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sent.

Branis wrote:I just opened a wav drumloop into Acoustica, added labels (markers) to the hits and saved the file. When I loaded the loop into SC2 it was automaticaly set to "Slice Keymapped" and sliced where I put labels (with orange H markers like in your screenshot). I was also able to spread it to get the loop divided across the keyboard. I couldn't add any more slices, but I could move the existing ones.
Nice trick. I'll try that.
So maybe we could make a "SC2 ghetto slicing tricks" tutorial ?

SWTrex wrote:
MaliceX wrote:What hosts is Shortcircuit 2 (v0.5.0) known to crash on, and work? They've crashed on Cantabile and VST/SAVIHost for me.
Every time I load SC2 into eXT1.4 or eXT2, I get a kernal32 error when I try to open the gui. This results in eXT immediately quitting, and ultimately an unrequested XP shutdown.

I read this whole thread, and saw no mention of SC2 crashing in eXT. Maybe it's just me... :shrug:

SWTrex
Here it crashes just one time everytime after I've added a new directory to the database(patches and waves). After that crash it doesn't crash anymore. And it never shuts down XP.

I just opened a wav drumloop into Acoustica, added labels (markers) to the hits and saved the file.
I does work with wavosaur too! simply put markers, save, and load in database!

jens wrote:
lowkey wrote:
Branis wrote:
lowkey wrote:I dragged from my sample folder...
http://files.mint-space.com/getfile,200 ... 1.png.html

into SC2. The slicing was automatic. I changed the range on the part....

http://files.mint-space.com/getfile,200 ... 2.png.html

This happend when I was using SC2 in stand alone window mode, in XT2 using WineASIO on Linux Ubuntu.

How are you loading the sample into SC2?
Can you open your loop in an audio editor to see if there are markers in it?
I opened this in Audicity....

http://files.mint-space.com/getfile,200 ... m.wav.html

But when I dragged it into SC2 it sliced auto maticly. Probably dragging samples into SC2 makes it decide whats the best load it.

:shrug:

Cheers Paradiddle :)

try it with a self-created drum-loop and you will realize that then there is no automatic slicing. ;-)
Jens is right. I couldn't see any markers when I opened your loop in Acoustica (the file must've been edited with another editor who's markers Acoustica can't read), but when I did copy/paste to new file and saved that wav it opened unsliced in SC2.

SWTrex wrote:
MaliceX wrote:What hosts is Shortcircuit 2 (v0.5.0) known to crash on, and work? They've crashed on Cantabile and VST/SAVIHost for me.
Every time I load SC2 into eXT1.4 or eXT2, I get a kernal32 error when I try to open the gui. This results in eXT immediately quitting, and ultimately an unrequested XP shutdown.

I read this whole thread, and saw no mention of SC2 crashing in eXT. Maybe it's just me... :shrug:

SWTrex
I have problems with SC2 in eXT if I use the refresh database file. I had to reinstall SC2 and then open the GUI in eXT. I then added my shortcuts to the patches folder and refreshed the database by right-clicking the GUI. If I don't set it up this way then I get an error whenever I try and load the plugin. Hope this helps :)

I added some markers to a file and when I load it, I see the H markers and it is automatically set to slice keymapped like Branis said but It only loads to 1 note. Too bad this was never finished.

sinkmusic wrote:
Branis wrote:I just opened a wav drumloop into Acoustica, added labels (markers) to the hits and saved the file. When I loaded the loop into SC2 it was automaticaly set to "Slice Keymapped" and sliced where I put labels (with orange H markers like in your screenshot). I was also able to spread it to get the loop divided across the keyboard. I couldn't add any more slices, but I could move the existing ones.

shortcircuit is awesome! a lovely sampler in less as 1 mb install file! look at all the weird dumb overloaded samplers out there! waste of money and computer power. shortcircuit is sunshine and powerful "no bloatware" sampler. thanks man to give it away for free!

masukie wrote:shortcircuit is awesome! a lovely sampler in less as 1 mb install file! look at all the weird dumb overloaded samplers out there! waste of money and computer power. shortcircuit is sunshine and powerful "no bloatware" sampler. thanks man to give it away for free!
+1. :tu:
Virtually, I think this is a huge spoiler for the general public. Disregarding the fact this was formerly payware, as a freeware product it fares well against some payware already by a longshot in terms of features and flexibility. (Interface is, dependent on user preference. :hihi: I actually like SC1's interface.)

I think eventually there will be some useful dedicated user-made patches/libraries in the next few months, most likely for version 1 though version 2 is moer functional, it's still buggy. (On loading of samples, on standard mode there seems to be a notation issue where once a sample is struck with a long release, it repeats itself like a long-gap delay....)

paradiddle wrote:I added some markers to a file and when I load it, I see the H markers and it is automatically set to slice keymapped like Branis said but It only loads to 1 note. Too bad this was never finished.

sinkmusic wrote:
Just stretch that note and you'll have each slice on a separate note (if you have 10 slices strech the note to 10 notes) ;)

8)

Branis wrote:
paradiddle wrote:I added some markers to a file and when I load it, I see the H markers and it is automatically set to slice keymapped like Branis said but It only loads to 1 note. Too bad this was never finished.

sinkmusic wrote:
Just stretch that note and you'll have each slice on a separate note (if you have 10 slices strech the note to 10 notes) ;)
Well, since there's nothing really radically different between SC1 and SC2, I think we're better off using SC1 as the slicer sampler. It not only loads samples with markers but you add more markers to the sample if you desire. Too bad SC2 doesn't load SC1 files.

Have anyone tried to use it as a synth yet ?
I tried it in Live5.2, with each efx slot used as an oscillaotr, and it uses a damn lot of cpu (15-20% for a single note, and raises to 85% for a chord!): do you have the same behaviour or do i have something wrong with Live at the moment ?

More superficially, one thing I like is the way that you can change the interface. Press CTRL-F12, and you can click and drag everything around. So you can move the list of samples over to the keyboard, etc, if you want. Press CTRL-F12 again to turn off editing the interface.

Be careful, here though. Very easy to move things around. And the graphic files for the interface are in the folder Shortcircuit2\database\GUI. Skinnable, in other words, though not something you can just throw together.

What you can't do, though, is move the larger background in the center of the Zones page or other pages. Each is a graphic that includes things like the black space in which the wave display appears at the top of the Zones page. Easy to shrink the wave display and drag the graphics for parameters, etc up--just drag the mouse pointer around the edges of all the commands and then use the cursor keys to move them up. But once you get them up there, the background graphic is your enemy. I guess the only thing to do is design some other background pages?
Volunteers....?

Yet I'm not sure how you'd go about saving a "skin" and reopening it. I guess you save everything in a new folder other than "Default" but then how would you choose to load it instead of the default skin? Might be good: I can see loading up different arrangements for different instruments. Useful for drums, for example?
Last edited by Jake Jackson on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinkmusic wrote:Have anyone tried to use it as a synth yet ?
I tried it in Live5.2, with each efx slot used as an oscillaotr, and it uses a damn lot of cpu (15-20% for a single note, and raises to 85% for a chord!): do you have the same behaviour or do i have something wrong with Live at the moment ?
I'm confused. You're using each of Live's efx slots as an oscillator?

Return to “Instruments”