Shortcircuit now freeware.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
742 posts since 8 Feb, 2005

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:14 pm

thanks a lot mr vember audio! sc1 is great!!

sc2 is also amazing...does anyone knows whats missing ? the only thing that seems not to be implemented is patch import...(.sfz .sf2)....everything else seems to work great!!!! Thanks a lot!

KVRist
260 posts since 27 Aug, 2004 from Berlin

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Patch import is implemented (for SF2/SFZ/DLS/giga/battery1/S5000), but you must add them to the database first. Click the "Database management" in the start menu and read the readme.txt file there. It will say how to create shortcuts to where you keep your stuff on disk.

KVRAF
2074 posts since 22 Jan, 2005 from flint, michigan

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:43 pm

wow! this is awesome! after toying with the demo of it, sc was placed on my list of vstis to buy when i had the money. christmas totally did come early!

thank you so much, vember audio!

KVRAF
2029 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:49 pm

hmmm.... is there any way to audoslice into say... 8 or 16 or 32 even slices? This is what I really need to replace the energy XT sampler. Or does anybody know of a freeware that does equivalent?
Do not lick the fablanky

KVRist
429 posts since 20 Jun, 2005

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:54 pm

funkadil wrote:hmmm.... is there any way to audoslice into say... 8 or 16 or 32 even slices? This is what I really need to replace the energy XT sampler. Or does anybody know of a freeware that does equivalent?
maybe HighLife from DiscoDSP...

KVRAF
4969 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from Glasgow

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi...wow, what a giveaway, very generous indeed. :o Is 1.1.2 a beta or something? Not seen any mention of it yet.

Thank you so much btw, this is a great tool.

KVRAF
21339 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:13 pm

claes@vemberaudio wrote:Patch import is implemented (for SF2/SFZ/DLS/giga/battery1/S5000), but you must add them to the database first. Click the "Database management" in the start menu and read the readme.txt file there. It will say how to create shortcuts to where you keep your stuff on disk.
thanks for that but after refreshing the database upon accessing the gui SC2 crashes the host, no matter what's been added to the database. The error-message it generates when crashing is:

Code: Select all


failed to save dump-file to [path] (error: -2147024865)


I tried uninstalling SC2 and then re-installing it to different locations but just like trying to add different content it didn't make any difference. :?

Do you have any idea what might be going wrong?

KVRist
107 posts since 24 Nov, 2004

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:42 pm

jens wrote:I may be stupid but I haven't managed to figure out how to load programs into SC2... :?
+1

User avatar
KVRian
825 posts since 18 Feb, 2004 from Czech Republic

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Thank you very much Vemberaudio !
Generous gift from you to us - users :)
Image

KVRAF
21339 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:11 pm

jens wrote: thanks for that but after refreshing the database upon accessing the gui SC2 crashes the host, no matter what's been added to the database.
Weird - now it suddenly works! :-D



And what a beast it is! 8) :tu: :hail:

User avatar
KVRAF
19096 posts since 13 Feb, 2003 from Vancouver, Canada

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Wow, this is was a promising beta! I find it a little easier to use than SC1, and I dig the powerful fx and bussing options. Very cool. And looks like mondo-modulation routing options here. Wow.

How come they no develop no more? :?

KVRAF
5703 posts since 6 Dec, 2003 from Mission Control

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:20 pm

One more time... all other free SFZ and SF2 players can now retire. SC1 free is in the house.

I just discovered the easy way to zone SFZ samples.
o create a new group
o drag the sfz onto SC1
o select all samples
o right click and move to new group
o rename the new group

Now group effects, envelopes and mod work.

Mod Wheel to Pitch Mod.
o click new group header
o matrix 1s - groupLFO
o amt - 0.0%
o matrix 1d - pitch
o matrix 2s - modwheel
o amt - 50% to 500%
o matrix 2d - group mod slot #1

KVRAF
21339 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:28 pm

bduffy wrote: How come they no develop no more? :?
do not you readen have link in orig post?

KVRAF
5703 posts since 6 Dec, 2003 from Mission Control

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:29 pm

bduffy wrote:How come they no develop no more? :?
From what I can gather not a lot of sales or time to spend on it. But man! If he had just dropped the price to $69-$79 bucks. Who knows? $150 was a little pricey in this market when you could buy ProteusX with a 0404 sound card and a ton of samples for the same money.

User avatar
KVRAF
19096 posts since 13 Feb, 2003 from Vancouver, Canada

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:34 pm

jens wrote:do not you readen have link in orig post?
Completely missed it, thanks. :D
tomg wrote:
bduffy wrote:How come they no develop no more? :?
From what I can gather not a lot of sales or time to spend on it. But man! If he had just dropped the price to $69-$79 bucks. Who knows? $150 was a little pricey in this market when you could buy ProteusX with a 0404 sound card and a ton of samples for the same money.
Yeah, the market was competetive back then, now it's getting near monopolized by Kontakt and Giga. Too bad. I was always hoping some upstart like this would come along and beat Kontakt with a speedy, full-featured interface...alas... :(

Return to “Instruments”