Shortcircuit now freeware.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everybody: I think it's going to take us some time to explore everything that Short Circuit 2 can and can't do.

In other words, I'm getting lost in the arguments about using it for drums.
Keep notes, please, and post them, on every feature and limitation that you find. I doubt that I'll be able to create a decent pdf about using Short Circuit 2 for drums\beat loops.

I saw the slice option but had no luck with it

It is rather painless to slice up audio the old fashioned way with SC2

yes...there is a huge difference in cpu usage from sc1 to sc2. sc2 is much more economic. the difference is even bigger when comparing the fxs. a filter in sc1 is way more cpu intensive than in sc2.

and i love the fact that sc2 saves the samples inside/with the sequencers project file...(it reminded me of trackers)....this is very nice for people like me....who change the place of samples a lot....or for collaborating with other people. you just send the project file and thats all...no need to look for samples to send..

there are other advantages in using sc2... but this two are some of my fav ones.

one of the biggest downsides in using sc2 in my opinion is not having "replace sample in zone"....this makes lots of work very tedious in sc2.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

hcv242 wrote:one of the biggest downsides in using sc2 in my opinion is not having "replace sample in zone"....this makes lots of work very tedious in sc2.
You can replace a sample: click on the sample you want to replace in the keyboard on the left of the GUI, then click on the replace button in the "sample" section just under the waveform dispay. Now choose which new sample is going to replace the old one by clicking on samples in the sample browser.

Branis wrote:
hcv242 wrote:one of the biggest downsides in using sc2 in my opinion is not having "replace sample in zone"....this makes lots of work very tedious in sc2.
You can replace a sample: click on the sample you want to replace in the keyboard on the left of the GUI, then click on the replace button in the "sample" section just under the waveform dispay. Now choose which new sample is going to replace the old one by clicking on samples in the sample browser.
thanks a lot for the tip..i was thinking the button did nothing...silly me

I know a way to crash it. I was looking for any ctrl,shift, alt functions and ctrl-dragging a file from the browser sometimes crashes SC2.

Jake Jackson wrote:Everybody: I think it's going to take us some time to explore everything that Short Circuit 2 can and can't do.

In other words, I'm getting lost in the arguments about using it for drums.
Keep notes, please, and post them, on every feature and limitation that you find. I doubt that I'll be able to create a decent pdf about using Short Circuit 2 for drums\beat loops.

the documentation on the site says it imports:

RIFF wave-files (.wav) (8/16/24/32-bit & 32-bit float, mono/stereo at any sample rate)
AKAI S5000/S6000/Z4/Z8 .akp banks (partial)
NI battery kits (partial)
Soundfont 2.00 (partial)
Propellerhead Recycle 1 & 2

but ppl here talk about importing sfz,giga and kontakt files. is that possible in SC2?

_starcraft_ wrote:the documentation on the site says it imports:

RIFF wave-files (.wav) (8/16/24/32-bit & 32-bit float, mono/stereo at any sample rate)
AKAI S5000/S6000/Z4/Z8 .akp banks (partial)
NI battery kits (partial)
Soundfont 2.00 (partial)
Propellerhead Recycle 1 & 2

but ppl here talk about importing sfz,giga and kontakt files. is that possible in SC2?
SFZ is definitely possible

Humm . the only feature i really miss in v2 is cross fade, snap to zero.
I understand you can use an external app to make a loop but with no option to call an external editor from cs2 it kill the workflow.

Anyway thank you for this amazing sampler :).

Problems/bugs ive found so far in SC2

in the mod matrix : Lfo --> Zone Start doesnt produce any results.

PFG : raise the pfg value by ie 12dBs. then press control + left mouse click in the pfg value to reset it. the value will be reset to 00 dBs, but the audio will not drop to 0 dbs ...it will continue to be heard at 12dBs. the same happens in "pitch & etc"

if i name the controller sliders and then save the song and then reload it; the names in the sliders will be lost.

dragging samples from the browser with control + mouse crashes sc2. this only happens some times and i couldnt find out why...

if you set a zone lfo to "step" and then save the project in your sequencer...when youll reload it the step button will be turned off.

tip : PFG (in the right lower corner) means pre filter gain...it was bit confusing at first since i assumed that it was post filter gain

hope this helps...

hcv242 wrote:Problems/bugs

PFG : raise the pfg value by ie 12dBs. then press control + left mouse click in the pfg value to reset it. the value will be reset to 00 dBs, but the audio will not drop to 0 dbs ...it will continue to be heard at 12dBs. the same happens in "pitch & etc"

if i name the controller sliders and then save the song and then reload it; the names in the sliders will be lost.

dragging samples from the browser with control + mouse crashes sc2. this only happens some times and i couldnt find out why...

if you set a zone lfo to "step" and then save the project in your sequencer...when youll reload it the step button will be turned off.

all of the above are fixed now 8)

:party:

You mean it has been updated ?

:o

MaliceX wrote:I'm pretty I was playing around with a cut-up loop with SC2's autoslicer thing...
What autoslicer? :P I went to the wiki (no info there :( ) and i can't even figure out how to manually slice...i right click on the wav and the only options it presents are 'set start' and 'set end', nothing about slicing at all. :cry:

Reverse Engineer wrote:
MaliceX wrote:I'm pretty I was playing around with a cut-up loop with SC2's autoslicer thing...
What autoslicer? :P I went to the wiki (no info there :( ) and i can't even figure out how to manually slice...i right click on the wav and the only options it presents are 'set start' and 'set end', nothing about slicing at all. :cry:

you have to setup markers in the wav file with wavosaur (its very easy). save and then load in sc2.

Return to “Instruments”