Olga?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Olga

For some magical reason I find tweaking this thing so much fun. Maybe I just love broken and somber sounds. It looks amazing as well, so that might be a reason why I wanna play with it all the time.

My big complaint is that there are no internal preset selection and configuration.
As for incorporating this synth into my composing workflow this is such an annoyances that I end up not using it. I really hate having to use the host's preset tools to load and save banks. The fact that I have to browse to my Stillwell folder every time I wanna load up a custom patch is a pain.

I love it, but I wont pay 80$ until there's a internal preset function. Seriously! This should be a standard by now. Just replace the useless piano roll with a patch library and please make an empty bank.

Get a better host..?

I always prefer to use my host's (Logic) preset functionality over a plugins where possible, because then for any plug/instrument, I can use the same set of keyboard shortcuts to step through patches, and I can organise them as I want to. It's about as transparent as it gets for me.

Well you can have both. All the big names VSTi have internal patch configuration so I don't see why something as good as Olga shouldn't have it.

beej wrote:Get a better host..?

I always prefer to use my host's (Logic) preset functionality over a plugins where possible, because then for any plug/instrument, I can use the same set of keyboard shortcuts to step through patches, and I can organise them as I want to. It's about as transparent as it gets for me.
Exactly, this is a tried and proven method. Just use more shortcuts fridtjof, they are the glue.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Just downloaded Olga yesterday & gave her a spin... man, this btch is Bad!!

I'll be forking over the $80. Kinda thinking that should have gone down by now, but... at least it didn't rise with inflation eh?

Another thing, Schwa & White Tie if you're still around, why haven't you put out more synths, I'm very interested in what else you guys may come up with.

fceramic wrote:Well you can have both. All the big names VSTi have internal patch configuration so I don't see why something as good as Olga shouldn't have it.
You can have both if it is done right but not many do - the problem is the variety of formats. If it is left to the host that means at the very least presets need to be available in fxp/b and aupreset formats, if they are also VST3 then vstpreset is also needed (maybe another for AAX/RTAS). I don't know many plugins that allow for conversion between preset formats which leaves me with some plugins that do not show their presets in some hosts (Sinevibes being a good example). Ideally I would like a plugin to have a built in browser and adhere to industry standard preset formats, Spectral does that for fxp but there are no aupreset versions of its presets so they don't show in Logic's browser, Aalto used to have a preset converter for aupreset but they have taken it out (or are talking about doing so soon).

Great synth... it has a great analog flavour and the sound is so inspiring.
The grittiness makes it sound so alive and dare I say it non-digital sounding.

I've heard the Glitch mob really like using this.
:borg:

Oh, it's been a while since I did my Olga bitch. Ready? Here goes! Why must you have a clever UI instead of a legible one? To add insult to injury, when you turn on the English lables, they're nearly as hard to read as the gibberish Cyrillic. Just use a grungy "label maker" font and be done with it. As soon as they add this I'll buy a license. </rant>
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I just like this because its named after one of my favorite actresses. :love:
:borg:

Reminds me a bit of the Vacuum Pro, the other way round rather 8)

V0RT3X wrote:I just like this because its named after one of my favorite actresses. :love:
I also love her! :love:

She much alike my wife, who is also Ukrainian and is also called Olga.

Should try the synth now...
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

deleted

Of course not. Read the manual.

Why do Stillwell discriminate? :help:

There are other DAWs than Reaper, with users who would like that fat Olga sound at half price too :evil:

Return to “Instruments”