dmu sine 1.97 released - simple virtual instrument model

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

one oscillator sine synthesizer with 108 inbuilt microtunings.
sm 1.3 finally is capable of rendering reliable and good working polysynthesizers, so here is a new update to the sinus.
concept stayed the same, internals and interface were completely rebuilt from scratch.

update 1.96:
- rebuilt from scratch

update 1.97:
- removed tremolo, it was too specific and felt like not adding much, so i replaced it with new pitch sweep abilities
- added pitch start +/- 2 octaves
- added pitch sweep time from pitch start to note (also sets portatime for mono)
- increased max sweep time/portamento
- added random pitch control, small values are unquantized, values>0.2 are quantized to selected tuningscale
- added microtuning 109 - Custom Just Scale with small interface
- increased midcut range
- changed inverted linear key2pan (knob<0.5) to random key2pan
- envelope tweaks
- final gain tweaks, more subtle distortion
- fixed an uncomfortable volume spike on some mono legato play with high frequency jumps, pitch is now consistently scaled to volume

download
Last edited by Michael Benjamin on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Do you mean to tell me I can use this on every song of every genre?
Holy smokes....

I don't see any blinking lights. Must have blinking lights.

Sorry, I just gotta do that once in a while.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

sure, a sinus goes with everything!

no blinking lights, yes, but colour-changing buttons!

... and i forgot the colour changing knobs! they are awesome

btw, its ok if you need to do that once in a while

this is my (opinion), so don't act like i said it in (fact) :roll: but honestly, and seriously, there so many vsti synths released that are utterly useless and would be better off not created. this being one of em. the problem with programing synths for computers is that all these new simple, basic, or samey synths released are welcome due to the included factory presets that they come with and the definite attraction to a fancy gui.

but once you start understanding patch programing and start becoming knowledgeable on sound design and whats under the hood so to speak, you start to realize how useless all these new vstis are. you can use one complicated free or payware synth and create all the sounds off all these simple synths. there great for newbs, and maybe thats what the developers of such synths have in mind when designing them, but still, whats the point of creating synth after samey synth?
virtual analog and synthedit/synthmaker synths espcialy.

you have a osc, you have a filter, and you have waveforms. theres only so much you can to create a unique and useful instrument without getting deep into programing languages or complicated, structured, se/sm synths. i just think its wasted creativity and a synth better off not created and one less samey synth over flooding kvr.

hi chicken muffin

i know what you mean.
all these useless synths.
all these exiting synths with so many unused opportunities.
drowning in them.

but.. i decided to release this synth because i always wanted a dedicated synth for a sinus and i didnt find any good for me on the net.

the sinus is the fundamental of sound and never useless.
and just in respect for that, and that maybe someone can play a sinus now if he likes to, i made this synth.
dont use it, if you feel drowned, in fact please delete all your useless files and just use the ones you really need.

so this is definately not a synth not to be created, and you as a human being, you better be the patch for the sinus, understand?

I like it, the vibrato makes it sound like Rastabox. Great to see another vst from the maker of Arcade2!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

..thanks..i'll try it tomorrow...how is the cpu use on this thing ?
i want to use it inside ableton's racks... i am already using subatomic by De La Mancha.

anyway...i'll check it tomorrow...

peace

edit ------> i just test this thing....cool stuff...simple but useful...

i like the distortion when you drive the vol all the way up...and the vibro stuff... nice addition to my free arsenal... thank you very very muuuuuch.
whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

Thanks again, I really love the sound, especially the vibrato.

Very similar to Rastabox/blaster/herc's alarm, which are my favorites.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

thanks, i am glad you like it!
next thing will be a bit more complex, as if it were a challenge:)

Although I see chickenmuffins point there and agree to a certain degree - that's why I don't dl every new free synth anymore, as most of them bore - I have to admit this one is really nice 'cause of its vibrato.

A N D the changing colours :-)

Thanks DMU!

And it's for sure less useless than 5-GB-rompler #225.

Everyone has something different they are looking for, or deems some feature as more important than another.

It appears that the vibrato makes Sinus stand out from other VSTi's. Perhaps simplicity will also be what others are looking for.
That's also good "for some".

Ultimately many will find it useful. That's what's important to me, and maybe the most important thing. Not Who has the most features.
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

Thank you for this synth :D

update to 1.1:

- cleaned up and optimized the code, much lesser cpu usage
- portamento fix (thanks to acrobat)
- tweaked vibrato speed and volume hardclip for better overtones
- tweaked envelope settings

download dmu sinus 1.1

Michael Benjamin wrote:update to 1.1:

- cleaned up and optimized the code, much lesser cpu usage
- portamento fix (thanks to acrobat)
- tweaked vibrato speed and volume hardclip for better overtones
- tweaked envelope settings

download dmu sinus 1.1
This sits very well beneath a punchy rythym guitar, adding depth without destroying crunch, or resorting to vast reverbs! Thanks :)

Return to “Instruments”