Looks like an awesome NAMM this year!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this is one of the best NAMMs for a while

SO much new cool stuff - WAY better than last year

Cubase 5, Live 8 (with Max thingy), Waldorf Largo, new Spectrasonics stuff etc. etc.

Spectrasonics, Open Labs, Access, Ableton, and Akai's new Ableton controller are sure to put a dent in my wallet this year.

Well OL or ACCESS.

Yeah it's really impressive this year.
Remember kids...Everything is impossible until it's actually done.

NI stuff is a bit disappointing (again!) this year, however.
I think they have lost the edge.

Ableton are getting far more powerful, impressive and innovative

agreed.

A lot of the stuff I'm excited is free (access virus os 3.0, stylus rmx 1.7, and omnisphere free preset pack) which is really cool.

stuff on my to consider buying list (so far): spectrasonics trillan, live 8 (I prob won't buy the max thingie I'll never learn how to use), and oceanway drums DL.

Yep I'll be getting Live 8, Waldorf Largo (I will sell my Blofeld), perhaps the fxPansion thing, and the MaxLive thing as I have MaxMSP already
No money to NI this year

and it's only just begun. it looks like companies are finally able to move on from that Universal Binary update era and actually start developing new things

Yup the free 2000 presets for omni is awesome.

Will be looking hard at akai and live 8 combo...

I wanted to see GURU 2 though. :(

Yup, Live 8 definitely!
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

strav100 wrote:No money to NI this year
I find it amusing to hear people say that, when it's only January. You don't think that NI might announce some new products at some other point this year?

Yeah - for the first 6 months
but NI just arent innovative anymore

strav101 wrote:but NI just arent innovative anymore
funny how you can essentially write the book on all this music tech, then a glitzy namm show comes around and people say stuff like this. :roll:

And C5 looks quite appealing too ..... :love: :love:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

and it's only just begun. it looks like companies are finally able to move on from that Universal Binary update era and actually start developing new things
Just wait. If Apple see all this good new stuff coming out, they'll quickly change their format as soon as they can, just to piss on Mac-users' parade. :wink:

Where are people getting their news? So far I've seen a Roland shoulder synth and an Iron Maiden signature bass. Links to good news sites, please!
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Just look on the main page here for loads!

BTW I was thinking that with all these NAMM announcements I wonder if a company would nto be wise to announce at another time? I mean any announcement by a minor player will be lost in all the big announcements.

Return to “Instruments”