Arguru Voyager - New Skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, I and Asseca have teamed up to make this skin happen.

Update!
Asseca has made a new installer for this skin, it's an .exe file.
I know some people dislikes exe files so the old installation instructions are still available at the bottom of this post.

For more information and screenshots visit:Flavours of Lime

screenshot:

How to install (With the new .exe installer):
*updated June 20th 2010
Voyager skin installer
Installation

If you DON'T have any other mGUI plugins installed:
Run the Voyager-lf.exe installer program to copy the folders+files into the VstPlugins folder.
--- OR ---

If you DO have any other mGUI plugins installed OR you DON'T want the skin-files in the VstPlugins folder:
Run the Voyager-lf.exe installer program to copy the folders+files to the asData folder.

Run asData\mGUIman.exe or asData\setVSTmGUIpaths.exe to automatically set the asData path in the registry.

Then copy/move the Arguru's Voyager.dll into the \asData\plugins folder.

How to install (Old way without the new .exe installer):
Link is in the 'quotebox'
Installation:

mGui needs to be installed in you plugins directory, mine would be D:/Vstplugins.
So, now you've installed mGui and for me it would look like this D:/Vstplugins/Asseca

Download the skin file LF_Voyager_mGuiskin.rar and extract it to the /Asseca/ folder.

! This step is very important !
Now you need to download Voyager and install it to the Asseca/asData/plugins folder, if you already have voyager just move it to the same folder.

Start mGUIman.exe, it's located in the Asseca/asData folder. Click the "Update all Dlls" button in the top left corner.

Start your Vst host and load the "Voyager_Gui" plugin, enjoy!

If you want to change a skin or a presetbank, rightclick an empty space on the gui and you will get a popup menu where you can handle presets and skins.
Last edited by Limeflavour on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:37 am, edited 14 times in total.
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

hey thanks a lot for doing these skins
the original skin made the synth look very unwieldy
its a great synth and you've made it look great now
skin 3 is my favourite
voyager looks a lot more usable now

Thanks! and yeah I like the 3rd all black skin the most too ;)
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

Thanks you for your efforts on these skins! I love this synth but always struggled with it's size. I think it will be seeing a lot more use now.
Also my favorite vocoder.

Thank you! Now I really will try that synth again!

One final note:
All the objects such as switches,knobs and displays are controlled as knobs by dragging up or down. If you just click on the displays there are a slight chance that it might skip one setting.
You may use the mouse-wheel instead of dragging the mouse up/down.

If clicking on the displays are skipping setting, it *could* be fixed if needed ...

And you did this without asking permission from arguru first? I think this is clearly a copyright violation!

offensive-teenager wrote:And you did this without asking permission from arguru first? I think this is clearly a copyright violation!

no matter what i do, i cannot get this to work. i followed the instructions implicitly, but Voyager still only shows up as "Voyager", not "Voyager_Gui"... this happened last time i tried to change Voyager's skin too. i thought i'd give it a shot again, especially since this new skin is even better than the other alternate.

:help:
[Insert Signature Here]

offensive-teenager wrote:And you did this without asking permission from arguru first? I think this is clearly a copyright violation!
Arguru passed away last year and there was already a skin being made. I think it's an awesome way to bring this behemoth back into peoples minds. Great stuff. The skin was th only reason I didn't use it. Definately trying.

bailees7irish wrote:no matter what i do, i cannot get this to work. i followed the instructions implicitly, but Voyager still only shows up as "Voyager", not "Voyager_Gui"... this happened last time i tried to change Voyager's skin too. i thought i'd give it a shot again, especially since this new skin is even better than the other alternate.

:help:
Try the following:

check if you can load Voyager_GUI.dll in Hermann Seib's VstHost, if yes then:
  • rename the original asData\plugins\Voyager.dll to asData\plugins\Voyager.dl and ensure you have no other copy of Voyager.dll in your VstPlugins path
  • modify Voyager_GUI.ini > [Vst] > VST-1=plugins\Voyager.dl
Voyager_GUI.dll is just a wrapper which in turn loads the original unmodified Voyager.dll/Voyager.dl ...
Last edited by asseca on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nevermind... got it :dog:
[Insert Signature Here]

nice of you both! thanks!
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

bailees7irish wrote:nevermind... got it :dog:
8) , now enjoy using Limeflavour's magnificent skins :D

Looking good ... thanks for this :)

Return to “Instruments”