Does the new Kontakt Player 3.5 play any Kontakt libraries?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's said on the website that this free Kontakt Player will play any 3rd-party instruments powered by Kontakt. I'm honestly not sure what "powered by Kontakt" means. Does that mean any Kontakt libraries? Or does that mean only Kontakt libraries that come with a version of Kontakt Player?
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

i think, 'powered by Kontakt' means every library, that has a Kontakt Player included
"It dreamed itself along"

The wording's confusing, I'll agree.

The player can play anything made for Kontakt- no surprise, considering the player and the full version are the same app. However, it will be in demo mode except for when playing libraries that came with a player and are activated via the Service Center.

The only differences between the player and the full version now are 1) libraries, and 2) the serial number unlocking or locking all the features.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Eric - will this player allow me to reinstall Morphology on my Intel mac? That'd be the best news I've heard all day.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Yep. Install it, activate it and run it in standalone. Then, start the Kontakt player; the content will be usable there.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Is this a brand new thing? Never seen it before.

Anyway, real question is this: just downloaded KP and the Kontact Factory Selection. KP works fine but when I double click on the zip of the factory selection I get "Unable to unarchive "Kontact Blah blah OSX.zip" into desktop. (Error 1 - Operation not permitted)".

Anyone on a Mac got this working? Any hints?

samsam wrote:Is this a brand new thing? Never seen it before.

Anyway, real question is this: just downloaded KP and the Kontact Factory Selection. KP works fine but when I double click on the zip of the factory selection I get "Unable to unarchive "Kontact Blah blah OSX.zip" into desktop. (Error 1 - Operation not permitted)".

As stated above, KP will only play registered libraries that come with a Kontakt player.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

vespers75 wrote:

As stated above, KP will only play registered libraries that come with a Kontakt player.
Er, yes, but unless I've missed something, the Factory Selection IS designed to play with KP, that's the whole point.

Odd thing is I've just gone back to NI's website to check and it won't open for me. Weird. Late here. Maybe should go to bed and try again tomorrow.

vespers75 wrote:

That's the content that comes with the player- it should be opening.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
vespers75 wrote:

That's the content that comes with the player- it should be opening.

ew
Yeah, I just realized I worded that wrong...it would be only be "full-featured" with the registered KP libraries, correct?

Ew, the small amount of content that comes with the player opens fine.

The Factory Selection is a separate download and is different to the KP included stuff; that's the zip that won't open. Maybe it's corrupt, I dunno.

samsam wrote:Ew, the small amount of content that comes with the player opens fine.

The Factory Selection is a separate download and is different to the KP included stuff; that's the zip that won't open. Maybe it's corrupt, I dunno.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't have (or need) the new player, so I wasn't sure.

By the way, if you have the full Kontakt 3.5, needless to say, you don't need the player.

ew
A spectral heretic...

If you have the full Kontakt 3.5, KP 3.5 will not install on OSX.

btw, Native Instruments site, according to Firefox here "does not suplly identity information", a blank page today.

"your connection to this site is not encrypted"

I cannot access the NI websaite (well i cant get to the flash part) anyway. Anyone else?

Trying to download the KONTAKT 3 player thats all.
'Fastest Filter in the West'

It probably is temporarily down due to everyone and their mother trying to download the player. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”