Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

maki wrote:I am not afraid that Zyklus concept does not have a potential to be a new standard for arranger-keyboards in near future. This is so big thing that it can even reduce the existing piano-roll sequencer market. I am just afraid that further develepment can be slow downed or jeopardized if marketing fails and buggy code irritates potential developers.
Yeah, they better check with the boardmembers, shareholders, beancounters, legal, etc...might as well not even share it...WTF are you talking about?

My anxiety

ehdyn wrote ...WTF are you talking about

some people have no perception...

aitch gee wrote:ehdyn wrote ...WTF are you talking about

some people have no perception...
To achieve better perceptions one must increase knowledge or at least get inspirational intruduction to some new values. That is where progressive concepts like Zyklus can achieve best effect and make this world a better place to live. At least for people who already have some perceptions and for averybody else who is not afraid of widening horizons.
But Zyklus concept must be seen and demonstrated the easiest way.

Thumbs up for vst version and more Youtube videos :!:
Thumbs up for vst version where layers that belong to different slots can be assigned or organized in synchronized triggered groups :wink:

maki wrote:To achieve better perceptions one must increase knowledge

I don't know if you are aware, but a VST version would still require a runtime. The difference is that the runtime required for a VST version(the Pluggo runtime) has been discontinued. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a VST version.

And what's all this nonsense about replacing piano rolls? Silliest thing I've heard all day.

Brent
My host is better than your host

phew!
impressive.
i expected it to either not sound so great, or to be hacked together and indecipherable, or both.
this is definitely the best 'auto arranger' ive heard by far, and that GUI is damn near discernible and pretty easy to use.

+1 for balls for keeping the epic interest up with just a pdf and a youtube vid.
people must be frothing for those Max files. 8)

a vst port would be balls out.
ImageImageImageImage

koolkeys wrote:I don't know if you are aware, but a VST version would still require a runtime. The difference is that the runtime required for a VST version(the Pluggo runtime) has been discontinued. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a VST version.

And what's all this nonsense about replacing piano rolls? Silliest thing I've heard all day.

Brent
in the whole thread there's no mention of a piano roll
have you seen the youtube vid??

Another little video. Not a real screen capture as the previous one, but I had this piece for quite a while so I put some text explanation on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFVlZXSuOz0

koolkeys wrote:I don't know if you are aware, but a VST version would still require a runtime. The difference is that the runtime required for a VST version(the Pluggo runtime) has been discontinued. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for a VST version.

Brent
As somebody recently wrote: some people have no perception

The difference between "replacing piano rolls" and "reduction of piano roll sequencer market" is fundamental.

Th difference between wishing a "vst alone version" and "runtime dependent vst version" is fundamental.

I wish one file that can be downloaded or testet "in cloud" because it is more effective for the marketing purpose.

aitch gee wrote:

Brent
in the whole thread there's no mention of a piano roll
have you seen the youtube vid??
Have you read the thread? There is indeed piano roll talk.

And yes, I've seen the video.

Brent

maki wrote:

Brent
As somebody recently wrote: some people have no perception
And your point? I understand everything that has been said.
The difference between "replacing piano rolls" and "reduction of piano roll sequencer market" is fundamental.
I don't think this will have any affect on the piano roll sequencer market. Completely different concepts and ways of working. No effect whatsoever.
Th difference between wishing a "vst alone version" and "runtime dependent vst version" is fundamental.
Yes, but creating a non-Max vst would be even more work, and probably less likely, at least short term. Not saying it would never be done, but that I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Brent

People use piano roll sequencer because they have no choice. Now, with Zyklus the better choice is here. Why should I use a pianoroll sequencer if a play good eneugh to avoid need for quantization, manual editing and copy/paste many times during the composing process. The most of popular music has formal symetry and is based on ostinato.
Further development of concepts in Zyklus has a potential to reduce percent of users of piano-roll sequencers. Amen.
Stop talking of pianorolls, continue talking about Zyklus. Can't you se that a man can be schizophrenic when the new concept strikes. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

maki wrote:People use piano roll sequencer because they have no choice.
Uhhhh, wrong. You do know there are multiple different ways of working out there, right? And there are plenty of apps that don't use a piano roll. But your assumption that people only use it because they have no choice, is, well, very off the mark.
Now, with Zyklus the better choice is here.
Says who?
Why should I use a pianoroll sequencer if a play good eneugh to avoid need for quantization, manual editing and copy/paste many times durin the composing process. The most of popular music has formal symetry and is based on ostinato.
I've played piano for over 19 years. And the piano roll is ten times more useful for me than this tool would be. Does that mean this tool is useless? Of course not. But "better" than the piano roll? Not quite. It's not even close to the same thing. Not everyone uses it in the same way, ya know.

And if I can play good enough, why do I need to use any form of looping or tools that help me compose?
Further development og concepts in Zyclus has a potential to reduce percent of users of piano-roll sequencers. Amin.
Based on what? Different ways of working. And it isn't the first tool to come along that helps with the compositional process.
Stop talking of pianorolls, continue talking about Zyklus. Can't you se that a man can be schizophrenic when new concept strikes. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm not the one that brought up piano rolls. You did. :?

Brent

maki wrote:A am not sure that audience on kvraudio.com is mature enough to realize that the potential of this program is much bigger then emulation of an old hardware sequencer.
Wow, condescending much? :smack:

Return to “Instruments”