Tactile Sounds Substance Pre-release - Call for patches

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:Hey this synth sounds really good! Great job on this :)
+1000 :D
...and you did a great job on the presets you made for it. :)

The GUI is pretty good, but I wonder if it could be made easily "skinnable", sort of like Wusikstation?

This is basically donationware right now, but will it made into a regular commercial synth eventually and maybe a few more features? Just wondering what the future will bring.

Right now it is great, but I thought it might be cool to have 3-4 oscs if possible, not sure what anyone else would want to suggest, just my 2 cents. :)

It already has a really big sound, not sure if it even needs 1-2 more osc's, but they are always nice to have. :hihi:

Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Thanks for your comment.

Since Monday i "only" got 5 new patches so it's 92 overall. I'll have to finish my Blofeld soundbank and also beta testing (+ factory sounds programming) for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V could start any day so i'll have less time for programming sounds for Substance.
Examigan wrote: This is basically donationware right now, but will it made into a regular commercial synth eventually and maybe a few more features? Just wondering what the future will bring.

Right now it is great, but I thought it might be cool to have 3-4 oscs if possible, not sure what anyone else would want to suggest, just my 2 cents. :)

It already has a really big sound, not sure if it even needs 1-2 more osc's, but they are always nice to have. :hihi:
About the GUI i woudn't change much at the moment since it's already very nice. New features could be a problem as Jonathan said he want to keep the GUI one page only and not too crowded. At the moment the features a very well arranged IMO but let's see what Jonathan will add in the next versions. This could also happen after the final release.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Thanks for your comment.

Since Monday i "only" got 5 new patches so it's 92 overall. I'll have to finish my Blofeld soundbank and also beta testing (+ factory sounds programming) for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V could start any day so i'll have less time for programming sounds for Substance.
Examigan wrote: This is basically donationware right now, but will it made into a regular commercial synth eventually and maybe a few more features? Just wondering what the future will bring.

About the GUI i woudn't change much at the moment since it's already very nice. New features could be a problem as Jonathan said he want to keep the GUI one page only and not too crowded. At the moment the features a very well arranged IMO but let's see what Jonathan will add in the next versions. This could also happen after the final release.
Ok sounds good (no pun intended :hihi: ) and will wait for the final release

Examigan wrote:
Originally this thread was intended to get more sound designers for Substance. At the moment it seems to be limited to Jonathan and me (which he asked around two weeks ago by a PM here...). If Jonathan didn't receive anything by email it still looks a bit unsuccessfull but i know that most sound designers need more time due to other parallel projects or other reasons. Maybe we will see a big surprise with the next release of Substance (no fact, just speculation!!). :)
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Originally this thread was intended to get more sound designers for Substance. At the moment it seems to be limited to Jonathan and me (which he asked around two weeks ago by a PM here...). If Jonathan didn't receive anything by email it still looks a bit unsuccessfull but i know that most sound designers need more time due to other parallel projects or other reasons. Maybe we will see a big surprise with the next release of Substance (no fact, just speculation!!). :)
Yes I understand, everyone is probably busy like you said. It would be cool if another couple of designers jumped in, like the one who does the Arksun sound design and also Adam Baker, even if it was just like 5-10 presets.

They just might not know about this synth yet, and maybe they would somehow make the time if they found out about it. :)

I know Rob Lee already has used it. but I think he is working on another project (?)

Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Yes I understand, everyone is probably busy like you said. It would be cool if another couple of designers jumped in, like the one who does the Arksun sound design and also Adam Baker, even if it was just like 5-10 presets.

They just might not know about this synth yet, and maybe they would somehow make the time if they found out about it. :)

I know Rob Lee already has used it. but I think he is working on another project (?)
Some sounds from Rob would be nice but he seems to be really busy:
rob_lee wrote:
kv331 wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
Unfortunatley not :( I had some spare time and i thought we'd have 2.5 on sunday :-o Sunday has passed and iv'e had to start other work grrrr..nevermind enjoy SM2.5 when you get it.

Chow :D

Rob
I still have some issues to sort out guys. Nevertheless, I'm hoping that when Rob has time in the future we'll have some work for him :)

Bulent
Next 6-9 months are taken.. now im having 15 days of peace before i have my summer holiday with the kids:)

SM 3.0 Maybe :hihi: :D

Rob

There are some chances for more Subtstance sounds anyway:
ouroboros wrote:I've had a chance to tool around a bit and I must say it sounds great! The spread is magic: lets me hit those swirly dark low notes. I'll try and post some presets for you, tambien. :)
Yuroun wrote:
Tactile Sounds wrote:It's really important to me that the factory bank of presets sounds great, so if you enjoy programming synths, your help would be welcomed.
Ok. :) I'll make some tonight...
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

nevermind :D

rob_lee wrote:nevermind :D
?? :o :)
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Ingo i wanted you to send me the link to the PPG beta list as i deleted my link somehow and could only get into the Blofeld and Largo beta list :oops: Im in now though.

@OP

I will do some sounds no problem when i have time.. :)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Ingo i wanted you to send me the link to the PPG beta list as i deleted my link somehow and could only get into the Blofeld and Largo beta list :oops: Im in now though.

@OP

I will do some sounds no problem when i have time.. :)

Rob
Hi Rob,

EMail sent. I'll be looking forwared to your Substance patches. :tu:

BTW the links for the latest version and my patches are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xjnzt0nma ... stance.zip

UPDATE 10.7.2010 (96 patches + fixes for latest version):
http://rapidshare.com/files/406107742/I ... t.zip.html

link for the latest version of Substance: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmgoetzww ... stance.zip
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Since i am currently working on two other important projects i don't know when i could continue doing patches for Substance so i post the update on what i got until today. Now it's 96 patches all together:

UPDATE 10.7.2010 (96 patches + fixes for latest version):

link for the latest version of Substance: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmgoetzww ... stance.zip

I added some Jupiter 8 pads based on Arturia Jupiter 8V. Since a 1:1 replication is not possible in all cases they are at least close or "just" sounding good as they are (IMO).

The earliest date for new patches could be around 1-2 weeks from now on but i'm sure i'll not forget about TS Substance. :)
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Hi Folks,

Sorry that I've been out of touch, I was in hospital all week (nothing serious). Ingo - thanks for holding the fort, and of course also for the new patches (looking forward to checking them out pronto).

I thought about what Ingo wrote, and I've changed the way that some of the modulation sources affect the filter. The LFOs and Bender remain the same (ie they affect the envelope portion only), but the other modulation sources (Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Expression Pedal) now affect the "headroom" available to the envelope portion. The way it works is that "10" (about 14kHz) is the maximum cutoff for the filters. The headroom available to the envelope portion is 10 - "Cutoff" (also affected by key tracking but we can ignore that here). If Mod Wheel is chosen as the modulation source, and "Mod" is set to 10, then the headroom available to the envelope is reduced as the mod wheel is increased.

A new version incorporating these changes is available here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmgoetzww ... stance.zip

Hopefully there will be no further changes before a release, so please, even if you have only a couple of patches, send them to me!

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.

PS - The "final" version will be a smaller file and consume less cpu.

Tactile Sounds wrote:Hi Folks,

Sorry that I've been out of touch, I was in hospital all week (nothing serious). Ingo - thanks for holding the fort, and of course also for the new patches (looking forward to checking them out pronto).

I thought about what Ingo wrote, and I've changed the way that some of the modulation sources affect the filter. The LFOs and Bender remain the same (ie they affect the envelope portion only), but the other modulation sources (Mod Wheel, Aftertouch, Expression Pedal) now affect the "headroom" available to the envelope portion. The way it works is that "10" (about 14kHz) is the maximum cutoff for the filters. The headroom available to the envelope portion is 10 - "Cutoff" (also affected by key tracking but we can ignore that here). If Mod Wheel is chosen as the modulation source, and "Mod" is set to 10, then the headroom available to the envelope is reduced as the mod wheel is increased.

Hopefully there will be no further changes before a release, so please, even if you have only a couple of patches, send them to me!

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.

Thanks for the new version Jonathan. As soon i find some time i have to check how the changes have an influence on my patches since i use the Modhweel modulation in some of them. Like already said i'll have not much time for new patches at the moment but at least my other patches should work like intended to. Checking this should not take too much time.

@Jonathan: I guess you'll need more than a single factory bank now... :D
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Tactile Sounds wrote:Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.

Thanks for the new version Jonathan. As soon i find some time i have to check how the changes have an influence on my patches since i use the Modhweel modulation in some of them. Like already said i'll have not much time for new patches at the moment but at least my other patches should work like intended to. Checking this should not take too much time.

@Jonathan: I guess you'll need more than a single factory bank now... :D
Like i already thought the new filter modulation also changed the sounds but the fix was quite easy. In fact all i had to do was to subtract the "Mod" value from the "EG" value. This is only necessary for Modwheel/Aftertouch modulation, not for LFO and EG modulation.

The fixed patches are here:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Nice one,
the Spread function makes this one really special.
Also some great work by Ingonator :wink:
@Jonathan: I guess you'll need more than a single factory bank now...
Well, what about a bank loader ?
I've seen this lately implemented into Memorymoon and messiah by Gunnar Ekornas, so this seems to be possible with SE synths.

Cheers

Return to “Instruments”