One-Synth-Challenge 21 - Majken's Chimera!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Chimera

Just submitted my track. ( Sterile existence cracking - uiiuiiu )

I had no problems with chimera ( except project took long to open ) untill yesterday. Mainly the project didn't open at all, but fortunately earlier save did open, however I needed to make some sacrifices to get the track together. In the end had to record the track to wav in edison and then to mp3 because some instances refused to render right and some went heywire with their modulation. Did use the older version though. Nevertheless there it is. :P

FL Studio 9.1

Instances of Chimera 15.

Fx used : many instances of FL studio EQ, Classic limiter and modern limiter in the master, modern exciter, native stereo widening in FL studio, several instances of classic reverb, Fruity free filter, Boot mkII EQ and couple of modern compressors.

Cheers for the submission uiiuiiu ... OK, thats us closed, I'll launch the voting thread as soon as I can, hopefully before midnight .... as well as the launch of OSC22.

Impressed with the entries and their number considering the synth troubles, nice job.

As a stereotypical English folk singer might sing ....
With my hiddle dum-a-day,
to my hey-nonny-no,
a-voting we will go, will go,
and a-voting we will go ...... :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 68#4298068

so this doesnt work for me in ableton, i get endless 'synth edit' errors..
does this not work in ableton live?

Have you got the latest version? Otherwise, just copy and paste Chimera DLL file and use a different chimera instance in each track. It may still be a little buggy. Anyne else?
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

yea i tried using the latest version and i tried it months ago and i redownloaded a hundred times . . i am just moving the dll into my vst folder.. it works for everything else

but when i open it in ableton it has a synthedit error that comes up a trillion times and i have to restart my computer to get rid of it.

You're 64-bit? I'm latest Live 32bit XP and it works ... ok. Look, this could be a much tighter construction, but it's one of the top free synths I've ever used. It's a bit - clunky. But it's amazing. I had to flatten tracks etc. Bit of a horror to work with, but just like a good crazy woman, it f*$ks well.
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

nah im using 32 bit windows 7

Try to load it in small hosts like Savihost or Minihost to see if it works there.

I know people in the know say this means nothing, but try to delete all the .SEM and .SEP files so the synth can recreate them next load, helps for me sometimes.

Return to “Instruments”