JP6K 1.7 update (64 bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JP6K

osiris wrote:Oh, stop it. Who cares if it's synthedit or synthmaker or shitmaker....>snip<
the mac guys actually do.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

personally I'd go with
JaPe [ jeyp] 1. to jest; joke; gibe.

Ingonator wrote: I guess that comment is not so stupid. Is it against copyright to use a photorealistic replication of the original synth as a GUI, even if it contains only a part of the original synth's controls? I don't know.
Whether it is or is not against copyright/trademark law, I'm not sure but I know that Roland more than anyone else will threaten legal action over something like this. Consider ReFX's JunoX2 and D16's original designs for their plug-ins.

just rename it to Boland

i remember an episode of south park with a keyboard and the white logo
called BOLAND

sounds good also.

:D

parry316raver wrote:just rename it to Boland

called BOLAND

sounds good also.

Or the Simpson's episode with the "Morg" dealer. That was great. :lol:

Looks great! Little too much shadow though..
Can you please add portamento/glide?

thecontrolcentre wrote:PJ (?) mebbe

looks cool 8)
Somebody call?
;)

Super-Dupiter

Sounds very nice, remove logos and JP,release it.Call it Juniper something i dont know,i wouldlike to test it, does it have reverb or delay ,or this tone control/EQ?
Do you really want to get roland attention with this ? You dont have to name it like that,its kinda lame idea IMO.Give it its own name.I like shadows.

justin3am wrote:
parry316raver wrote:just rename it to Boland

called BOLAND

sounds good also.

Or the Simpson's episode with the "Morg" dealer. That was great. :lol:

:lol:

i actually called a patch i did "Morg X5d"

brings back memories.

Regardless of all the broohaha over copyright and logos and stuff, this thing does sound REALLY great, and being supersaw lover (see my profile occupation, and no, it's not been changed for this thread, it's been like that since I joined KVR :P ), I'm really excited about it! Keep us posted Adam!
Eternitysound VST Banks

Really nice sound! I take it this will be free? Otherwise as has been pointed out, it would be best to make a new GUI, though I have to say I like how you wrapped it onto a VSTi, good job on that.

Between this and Zebra's advances (first the wave wrap effect and now the thuperthaw othilator) it looks like I may be selling my JP next year :P

I love it, especially the knobs and sliders layout, the colour and the unique gloss on the casing, but it's HUGE and taking up space in my lair, and getting more and more redundant by the minute (though I love it as a piece of synth history, it's cons often outweigh it's pros compared to computer software). Besides, the money could go on a better computer to run my plugins on :)

i would name it "Donald Jay-Pee" :D

Ingonator wrote:I guess that comment is not so stupid. Is it against copyright to use a photorealistic replication of the original synth as a GUI, even if it contains only a part of the original synth's controls? I don't know.It's ovious that the GUI is based on a photograph of the original synth since even the connections on the rear are identical.
The right side of the plugin is a 1:1 copy:
I was rolling my eyes about the tone of the posting, which sounded a little aggressive imho.
The OP said he will change the name. And only parts of the graphic are a close copy, there are many differences. And Roland doesn't have a patent on ADSR sliders on blue plastik cases :wink:
ImageImage

I'd call it the Uranus P-J....
Love to make patches for this. One more oscillator please & some modulation sir...

Return to “Instruments”