KORG selling individual VSTi's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:I've always wanted the M1. Anyone know what the copy protection is on these individual plugins?

The database here says Challenge Response but I think that was for the bundle.................
Still C/R.

I am pretty they are serial and C/R.

and it looks like you can buy from the UK.

glasgene wrote:I am pretty they are serial and C/R.

You can... this was quite a recent thing anyway, I bought my Digital Edition upgrade because of that. Getting it before was a pain in the arse, had to be done over the phone with Korg UK directly and everytime I actually remembered I wanted to do it it was out of office hours.

whitecat.tv wrote:

You can... this was quite a recent thing anyway, I bought my Digital Edition upgrade because of that. Getting it before was a pain in the arse, had to be done over the phone with Korg UK directly and everytime I actually remembered I wanted to do it it was out of office hours.
It's a no go for me then.. C/R grrr.. prefer my licences on my dongle.
Nevermind.. sold these a couple of years ago..big mistake :oops:
Great deal though if you like C/R

Rob

The whole package for $99 looks tempting (I have the M1 LE) but to be honest I think I'm only interested in the MS20. Almost everything I do these days is Omnisphere... do I need any of the others? Really?!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

rob_lee wrote:
whitecat.tv wrote:

Rob
C/R is a pain in the arse but I don't think Korg will be joining Key to Sound.

KEWL - I just got the analogue plugins for free as I registered my KLCDE after August!! Not a bad day at all :)

Just got the M1. Great deal!
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

Why don't the major's sell proper vsti's of their gear. Ones that sound as close as the old straight out of the box taking into consideration the technological limitations. Some of our developers have done a better job on some things. They don't realy make anything off vintage gear or the samples and yet they are so concious of people making things that are so close to gear that is even 25 years old? If anything else if they officialy authorised some developers selling samples under their name for their 10 or more year vintage gear for example they would be benefiting from the free advertising, reputation and quality of the content. Which would help new sales. These plugs are inspired by but are not realy the same you know? Whether the oscilators are virtual or samples they do have to be the same if they are sitting in the same spot where the old one used to be? That is what I think :x so there :x

Last time i owned Legacy and Digital they had dongles in each box.. has it all changed?

Rob

C-R is for protection.

rob_lee wrote:Last time i owned Legacy and Digital they had dongles in each box.. has it all changed?

Rob
When I bought the Digital Edition about a month ago I had to go to korguser.net and download the files. I had a choice of downloading either the eLicenser editions or the C/R editions (which are newer versions). I chose the eLicenser versions and it worked okay.

rob_lee wrote:
whitecat.tv wrote:

Rob
In this case what's wrong with C/R? Think Korg is going out of business? I certainly wouldn't shove a Dongle up my port for one of these plugins............ :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

auricle wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Last time i owned Legacy and Digital they had dongles in each box.. has it all changed?

Rob
When I bought the Digital Edition about a month ago I had to go to korguser.net and download the files. I had a choice of downloading either the eLicenser editions or the C/R editions (which are newer versions). I chose the eLicenser versions and it worked okay.
Thanks for the info :)

Mine are still on a dongle. I wonder what will happen when I'll reinstall them :?:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

PHassan wrote:Guys, I'm not sure if I'm reading it correctly but it looks like Korg started selling individual instruments which were previously part of both Digital and Analog editions. So now you can get just MS-20 for 49$ for example. For me its unbelievable, such a good instrument for a ridiculous price. What do you think ?
Thanks so much for the heads up. It's me birthday and I've always wanted an M1..............purchased and installing now. :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”