PG8X (inspired by the JX8P): new beta version uploaded

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian

Topic Starter

949 posts since 27 Jun, 2009 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:55 am

Progress is quite slow at the moment, as my real-life job, and some refurbishing in the house does not leave me much (well, at the moment not any) time for programming. I hope that will soon be able to resume the project.

Cheers,
Martin

KVRAF
2979 posts since 19 Apr, 2002 from Utah

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 am

Has there been any improvement in your time? This is a fantastic synth and I sure would like to see continued development! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

KVRist
327 posts since 16 Sep, 2005

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:56 pm

updates are on facebook

KVRAF
7556 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:04 pm

audiojunkie wrote:Has there been any improvement in your time? This is a fantastic synth and I sure would like to see continued development! :-)

--Sean
+1111111111111

would love to see this coded with a lower CPU hit! :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:37 pm

toitoi wrote:updates are on facebook
Any chance you have a link? Or should I just search for Martin's name and facebook in google?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

KVRAF

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Edit: I found it. There are several Martin Luders though, and I only found the facebook page by going to his website and clicking on the link there. For others who are interested, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/MLVST

--Sean

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 am

audiojunkie wrote:Has there been any improvement in your time? This is a fantastic synth and I sure would like to see continued development! :-)

--Sean
Thanks a lot. Development is still very slow at the moment, but I will definitely come back to it and finish it. In fact, the native version is nearly finished (Win 32-bit VST). I am just working on the Midi Learn, Sysex and patch handling.

Once the win VST is working, I will start the 64-bit and Mac port.

Cheers,
Martin

KVRAF
3063 posts since 18 May, 2003 from Sweden

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:50 am

martin_l wrote:Once the win VST is working, I will start the 64-bit and Mac port.

Cheers,
Martin
:clap: :tu: :hyper:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

KVRAF

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:08 am

Yay! :D :hyper: :party:

--Sean

KVRist
182 posts since 9 Mar, 2010

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 am

There was a lot of talk a couple of yrs back about presets for this but so far I haven't seen much, even the factory presets bank doesn't seem to load all the patches properly, not sure if anyone else has this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any links to any converted banks or patches as I'm close to selling my real Jx8p to switch to this. Had a detailed comparison test last week to make my decision and this is one heck of a good plugin, very close to the real thing and in some respects better, certainly quieter on the noise levels!

There are some patches that come very close, difficult to tell the difference on most of pads for instance and its only the brass and bell tones that are lacking a slight bit of detail or presence but nothing you would really miss without having heard the real synth.

I still don't really want to sell the synth as its a great piece of music history but the size and weight are cumbersome and I don't like the idea that one day the thing is going to cost me money!

Anyway, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated and a big thanks to Martin. Thanks

GJK
KVRist
296 posts since 10 Nov, 2007

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:06 am

I'm also very interested in having more presets for this synth and keeping hope alive for the eventual release of the rebuild.. I hope it will be done this summer.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:16 pm

Regarding patches, I can only invite everyone who has some patches, and would like to share them, to upload them directly here on KVR. Three banks are already there, and if I find some time, I should be able to upload some more.

If your host is transparent to Sysex, you should be able to copy your hardware patches directly into the pg-8x. Hermann Seib's Savihost is good for that. Just set the JX8P up to send sysex on Programm change, and browse through the presets you want to copy.

Regarding the development of the native versions (PC and Mac), I am a bit short of time at the moment. I am in the middle of some major refurbishments of my house. I hope that my new computer room will be finished soon, so that I can continue. An update for those, who do not follow my FB page: the audio side is fully coded. I am currently working on patch handling, Midi Learn, Sysex, etc. I hope that once I get back to coding, it wont be too long until I can release some beta version (PC first).

Cheers,
Martin

KVRAF
7556 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 pm

awesome, martin! its exciting to know the sound engine is done! wait for this baby most eagerly! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

KVRian
958 posts since 9 Feb, 2013 from dallas tx

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 pm

I looked at this synth and thought what a piece of garbage. I played its factory presets and same thing..

Then I found the presets on kvr and added some reverb and OMFG this is a keeper.

Thanks guys for bumping this old thread it being so big and long I decided to see what all the excitement was about. Glad I did.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 am

yessongs wrote:I looked at this synth and thought what a piece of garbage. I played its factory presets and same thing..

Then I found the presets on kvr and added some reverb and OMFG this is a keeper.

Thanks guys for bumping this old thread it being so big and long I decided to see what all the excitement was about. Glad I did.
Thanks. And, yes, this synth definitely needs some delay or reverb on it.

Martin

Return to “Instruments”