Oatmeal surprise

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
cheul
KVRist
499 posts since 9 Oct, 2005

Post Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 am

It's so great to see new stuff made for Oatmeal, it's one of my favourite soft synth. Anybody working on new presets by the way ?
I remember back in the days I had made a CSI kind of SFX bank, lol.

highkoo
KVRAF
3871 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 am

dev was weird. :)
as i recall, he was pretty under-enthused by both his work, and the collective reaction to it. he is probably out designing satellite installations or something...

check out his effect- Charsieisiieeissssieiseeiesisss, or whatever its called. ;)
http://bicycle-for-slugs.org/charsiesis3-1.zip
ImageImageImageImage

dbz
KVRist
157 posts since 23 Mar, 2004

Post Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 am

cheul wrote:It's so great to see new stuff made for Oatmeal, it's one of my favourite soft synth. Anybody working on new presets by the way ?
I remember back in the days I had made a CSI kind of SFX bank, lol.
I've got more presets than you can probably imagine. The problem with that is, I've got so many it's gonna take me a while to sort through them all and pick out the really good ones. That and, I keep making more of them. :lol: Yeah I'll admit I like the randomize button way too much. But I do end up tweaking quite a bit too. Just when I think I can't be surprised anymore and I've exhausted it's potential, it surprises me again. Now that's what I call impressive.

I'd still love to hear what others have done with it. Com' on guys - send in those banks. :)
Last edited by dbz on Sat May 28, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

core
KVRAF
4673 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 am

Amazing, looks so good!
Rekkerd.org the latest audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Got GAS? ... You'll want to check this out!

Teksonik
KVRAF
12608 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Sat May 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks so much to Limeflavour and all for their hard work and generous efforts.

I've made a small color edit to Lumina which Limeflavour generously allowed me to post in case anyone might be interested. All credit goes to him......all I did was hit the colorize button a few times.......... :D

Here's the file if anyone wants it.............

https://sites.google.com/site/teksonik/ ... ects=0&d=1

Oh and....I forgot how awesome Oatmeal sounds.............. :love:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

tomtoo
KVRian
753 posts since 19 Mar, 2011

Post Sat May 28, 2011 5:07 pm

"Amtlich".
8)

:tu:

Thanks a lot !
Thomas

dbz
KVRist

Post Sat May 28, 2011 5:27 pm

If anyone can clue me in on how to post an image here (never done it before), I'll give you a look at something else. I'm guessing I have to post the image to a webpage somewhere and then link to it with the "img" or "URL" buttons here? What's the quickest and easiest site to upload an image to?

nix808
KVRAF
3812 posts since 22 Jul, 2006 from Tasmania, Australia

Post Sat May 28, 2011 5:53 pm

http://imageshack.us/
These guys are hassle free, ta imageshack.
Just copy the link that says forum code

dbz
KVRist

Post Sat May 28, 2011 6:26 pm

nix808 wrote:http://imageshack.us/
These guys are hassle free, ta imageshack.
Just copy the link that says forum code
Thanks for the info.... hopefully this works. This is a rough mock-up image I did one night while working on the skin. This is what I would have liked to have been able to do, but it proved to be too challenging for me. I think it really captures the feel of the movie. But I'm still proud of what I was able to accomplish with Limeflavour's help. Maybe someone with more skill, and time on their hands than me, could try and do it. Here's to dreamin....

It took me a couple tries but I think I finally got it figured out. Thanks nix808

Oh, and by the way, you guys can beg me all you want to get back workin' to do this - but I don't think it's gonna happen... I need a break. :P

SciFiArtMan
KVRian
1104 posts since 24 May, 2006 from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section

Post Sat May 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Teksonik wrote:...I've made a small color edit to Lumina which Limeflavour generously allowed me to post in case anyone might be interested. All credit goes to him......all I did was hit the colorize button a few times...
Looks great, Teksonik! Very clear and concise - my fave so far! Thanks to all involved!

SciFiArtMan

tomtoo
KVRian
753 posts since 19 Mar, 2011

Post Sat May 28, 2011 7:04 pm

dbz wrote:... I need a break. :P
:-o

Space shuttle in night mode !

:love:

Go ! Work ! Now !

:cry:

Greetings
Thomas

dbz
KVRist

Post Sat May 28, 2011 7:44 pm

tomtoo wrote:Space shuttle in night mode !
It's funny - It's so natural to make comparisons to something else. Perfectly understandable though...

It wasn't until after I had done the skin, that I realized the colour scheme resembles that of Imageline's Toxic Biohazard vst. It's purely coincidental and unintentional - and I like mine better :D

I'm surprised nobody has noticed - maybe they are just being polite. :wink:

I guess it's like they say, "There's nothing new under the sun". I'm getting all depressed now. Time to go watch Tron again... lol

Haha_YouAint
KVRist
126 posts since 26 Feb, 2011

Post Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm

It's so shiny. O_O
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

~Albert Camus~

Sendy
KVRAF
5230 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Post Sun May 29, 2011 1:46 am

Now I've had a chance to control Oatmeal comfortably, it's helped me decide, I don't really like the sound of it. I wanted to love it, because I like the feature set, especially user PWM waves, dual filters, distortion and the like; but the oscillators and filters just don't feel musically inspiring to me.

Perhaps I'll check out some sound banks. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong :p
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

dbz
KVRist

Post Sun May 29, 2011 4:19 am

Sendy wrote:
Perhaps I'll check out some sound banks. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong :p
I'd suggest the sound banks I mentioned a few posts ago (Ann Nowlenn, SpeccyTeccy and Tinga). There's some good variety among them.

Return to “Instruments”