SYN'X 2.5 Released - Xils-Lab - (Multitimbral Synthex - intro discount-)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syn'X

[deleted]
Last edited by e-musician on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted]

e-crooner wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:45 pm... I would rearrange the filter section a bit to look like this, also using bigger knobs for frequency and resonance:

https://app.box.com/s/7mnoi9smddaprvbm19wjk8dwxpx32sbq
this is a great suggestion. there's certainly room for it, and it would make more sense with the Resonance knob in that position.

jbuonacc wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:40 am
e-crooner wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:45 pm... I would rearrange the filter section a bit to look like this, also using bigger knobs for frequency and resonance:

https://app.box.com/s/7mnoi9smddaprvbm19wjk8dwxpx32sbq
this is a great suggestion. there's certainly room for it, and it would make more sense with the Resonance knob in that position.
Seems Ok to me too. :tu: I'll fw this to Xils-Lab.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Aloysius wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:58 pmNice. :)
Thank you.

Part 2. Some other patches that can't be done with any other analog/VA synthesizer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_z3xyqL9TU

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Well I did get PolyKB II/III some time ago and it absolutely blew me away with the warmth and smoothness of its sound. I'm not having quite the same reaction to the Syn’x 2. It definitely sounds nice, but it seems to be more about the layering and modulation to create interesting sounds. I wonder if miniSyn’X will go on sale again any time soon. It feels like that would be enough for me, but since the "full" version is currently only €40 more, it also seems kind of silly not to get that.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 am Well I did get PolyKB II/III some time ago and it absolutely blew me away with the warmth and smoothness of its sound. I'm not having quite the same reaction to the Syn’x 2. It definitely sounds nice, but it seems to be more about the layering and modulation to create interesting sounds. I wonder if miniSyn’X will go on sale again any time soon. It feels like that would be enough for me, but since the "full" version is currently only €40 more, it also seems kind of silly not to get that.
Yes they are different synths. Syn'X is about DCOs, when PolyKB is VCO based. The filters are also very different, with a cutting character on the Syn'X, while PolyKB operates more in the smooth/warm domain.

Beyond all this, if it can make a decision easier :
* Syn'X can 100% do everything that Mini can do. Reverse not beeing true.
* For example if you need an additional EV to control pitch, or another LFO, you'll want the Syn'X.
* Syn'X has more effects, including the vintage verb.
* Preset management makes the Syn'X more powerful to create new patches on the fly easily. (I'll come back later on this). For those who are interested, Syn'X 2 also benefits from a lot of add-on soundbanks, by Xils or 3rd party vendors, when Mini has less support on this side.

Otoh, Mini is only serial protected, while Syn'X needs Ilok/SoftIlok or eLicencer. Mini is easier to operate, though the Syn'X 2, a more complex instrument, now offers an eazy edit mode similar to the Mini.

And in the end, I can't speak for Xils, but it seems the promo pattern is around one promo every couple or years for a precise instrument. Most times less often, sometimes a bit more, as Xils promos are almost always tied to significant updates of one instrument. Example : Last MiniSyn'x promo was end 2015 before the 2019 offer iirc. But yes, while the price difference between mini and syn'x is meaningful outside of promo periods, getting the syn'x is more tempting during promo sales. Last thing is : If you get the mini, you always have an automatic upgrade path available for the Syn'X.

the v2.5.1 mac download link is broken...
The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist.

sorry i posted in the wrong thread, I meant miniSyn'X

When I look at the specs, I get the impression that its architecture is similar to Dune's (8 layers if I get that right).
But judging from the audio demos on the site, it sounds much more pleasant and musical than Dune, it seems to have more body and punch.
The user interface seems a bit confusing, though.

Was just about to install the demo, but that is already confusing. First I am asked to check, which version(s) I want to install. I pick 64-bit VST only. But in the next step it forces me to pick a folder for the 32-bit version :dog:
I abhor chaos and sloppiness, so I aborted.

Not a single LED !

Not even to show clearly that the synth is correctly plugged and on ! If there's a power outage, I won't even know it!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yes it was a strange choice for their interface.

Are those 99 euros with or without VAT?

e-crooner wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:31 am Are those 99 euros with or without VAT?
With.
I just checked.

The invoice says:
Amount excluding VAT : 82.50
+ 20% VAT : 16.50
Total VAT included : 99

:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”