Is there any synth that can do roland's Saw PWM?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BUT WHY
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

ReDominator

following

Tone2 Saurus does it

I think serum too but would have to check

Spire can do that. Just set the oscillator mode to SawPWM.

Uhe Diva has the Alpha Juno PWM Saw as does Native Instruments Super-8. My favourite is Super-8, it sounds the best to me. Also as it’s made in Reaktor you can rip it out and use it in your own stuff if you know what you’re doing :tu:

Try Corona if you're looking for the classic Roland supersaw sound. It has modelled a Unison from it (Super-7).

https://www.discodsp.com/corona/

https://www.discodsp.com/mp3/snippet/super7.mp3

Just in case... the product name was set long before the pandemic.

It baffles me how you promote your own software in almost every thread , and totally not to the point
This ain't about the supersaw but about the alpha juno pulse width saw .
that being said , every synth can mimick the saw pulse width
It's basically a square (pulse width enabled ) tuned one octave above a saw , both phase resetted
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

This seems to be the resulting waveform, how is it generated?!

e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:43 pm This seems to be the resulting waveform, how is it generated?!

Do you guys actually read ??
You fail to undestand that two oscilators are used to achieve a certain result (in this case ) , the picture is actually the sum of that , it appears as a single saw pulse width but its not , it's a combined wave
You guys should really start from scracth and learn the basics instead of giving thumbs down to make you feel better :lol:
Like I have already explained .
- saw + square , pulse width on square tuned one octave higher , both osc's phase resetted
Here's an example , first part is diva with juno alpha osc , second is tranzistow , third is talmod
Last two examples are using the described method
Edit: you can also achieve it with ringmod :tu:
https://app.box.com/s/uv8q1q4o8en31nfjrxkvfncjyz39wpkk
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Cool, that's some really useful piece of info. :tu:

didnt quite look like the images above, but had a quick go using your method in Dune3 and OBsession

edit: added Dune1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:49 pm
e-crooner wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:43 pm This seems to be the resulting waveform, how is it generated?!

Do you guys actually read ??
You fail to undestand that two oscilators are used to achieve a certain result (in this case ) , the picture is actually the sum of that , it appears as a single saw pulse width but its not , it's a combined wave
You guys should really start from scracth and learn the basics instead of giving thumbs down to make you feel better :lol:
Like I have already explained .
- saw + square , pulse width on square tuned one octave higher , both osc's phase resetted
Here's an example , first part is diva with juno alpha osc , second is tranzistow , third is talmod
Last two examples are using the described method
Edit: you can also achieve it with ringmod :tu:
https://app.box.com/s/uv8q1q4o8en31nfjrxkvfncjyz39wpkk
In other words, any subtractive synth with retrigger and phase controls can create that sound, which frankly does not sound that spectacular to me, anyway.

In a nutshell yes , I just gave a workaround how to do it on a standard subtr.synth.
The actual implementation on the alpha juno is a bit more advanced
Eyeball exchanging

Instinctively I would have imagined a saw waveform more like this 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”