discoDSP Corona synth 5.1

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Lejurai
KVRian
1237 posts since 8 Apr, 2013

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:50 am

George wrote:Sorry for the delay, transfers usually take less than 24 hours after payment confirmation.

Ok thank you.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
6779 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: discoDSP Corona Synth R5.0

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:44 am

oskari wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: I've always wondered - Is it that hard to just make a control visible for the host? Like how the filter knob can be seen by the host. Can you not do the same to the unison knob or mod sliders the same thing and just give it a host ID as well? Or like LFO shape list is a control that can be seen by the host. Can you not do the same for the mod source or mod target list? I don't totally see why so many parameters are seen in Corona but then a bunch aren't.
It's just a silly technical detail. It can fixed and I'm planning to do it later.
Well that's good to hear. If buy corona again if that happened. I would highly suggest giving the modulation source and target lists host parameter ids as well as every missing button or setting. Then corona will join the elite club of vst synths (like sylenth1, gforce synths, poly-Ana, spire, etc.) that can be 100% controlled from hardware like nektar and automap etc. even arp step velocity. It would be cool if corona had parameter ids for not only the arp step velocity but also glide per step and hold (from the previous step) as you can currently do with the mouse.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Re:

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:26 am

George wrote:
PietW. wrote:The rename dwb does not work. Corona does not find the file.
I see :) Zip the WAV file and then swap .zip to .dwb extension. It should work, but the previous methods look more convenient.
Yeah, that fixed it for me.

But it is not what is stated in the guide on the webpage:

Custom SF2/WAV oscillators
Place them at Documents > discoDSP > Corona > Banks > User.dwb folder and they will appear next time Corona is loaded.Create additional categories by adding new folders with .dwb extension and keep your tones organized.

When I created Folder.dwb folder and put in the folder (as described above) nothing showed up in Corona. I needed to zip it (not rar) and then rename the .zip to .dwb to get Corona to see the file.

discoDSP
KVRAF
4210 posts since 18 Jul, 2002

Re: Re:

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:40 pm

Numanoid wrote: When I created Folder.dwb folder and put in the folder (as described above) nothing showed up in Corona. I needed to zip it (not rar) and then rename the .zip to .dwb to get Corona to see the file.
Did you place the Folder.dwb at Documents > discoDSP > Corona > Waves? It should work. Otherwise User.dwb won't load too.
Last edited by discoDSP on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:31 pm

As this is waveforms for the oscillators, it doesn't seem logical to me that they should be placed in the patch bank sub-folder, but rather the waves sub-folder.

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:16 am

Numanoid wrote:As this is waveforms for the oscillators, it doesn't seem logical to me that they should be placed in the patch bank sub-folder, but rather the waves sub-folder.
Sorry about the confusion, I meant Waves folder.

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:19 am

Looks like it got solved.

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:33 am

Numanoid wrote: Custom SF2/WAV oscillators
Place them at Documents > discoDSP > Corona > Banks > User.dwb folder and they will appear next time Corona is loaded.Create additional categories by adding new folders with .dwb extension and keep your tones organized.
Ah I see, what really happened. This refers to .SF2 and .WAV files only. A folder won't work since sub-folders inside .dwb are not supported.

As said, for let's say Custom.dwb folder to work, it has to be placed at Documents > discoDSP > Corona > Waves > Custom.dwb with all the WAV / SF2 files on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZcDWgfXFsI

Numanoid
KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:31 am

George wrote:As said, for let's say Custom.dwb folder to work, it has to be placed at Documents > discoDSP > Corona > Waves > Custom.dwb with all the WAV / SF2 files on it.
Yes, I got it to work when I packed the folder as a zip file and renamed the zip to dwb and then placed it in that subfolder alongside the other dwb files there.

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:33 am

Cool, happy to know it worked :)

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:21 am

Dominique Huchet aka tinga has released two Corona sound banks.

Birds & Noises / Download

Birds presets use osc3 like a LFO, using the "Classic Wav" folder, so you can change the song by changing the wave, by this way playing on your keyboard you can create infinity of birds song, many other presets use osc3 as LFO.

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6nAPmrpsk

Wendy / Download

An attempt to create some instrumental textures, presets using Just Intonation or Indian tunings are in C.

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdMgCgSCcPo

Numanoid
KVRAF

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:32 am

Thanks, will check them out :tu:

Markku
KVRist
316 posts since 3 Mar, 2014

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:47 am

That new free Wendy set is really useful!

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:54 am

Corona R5.1 has been released.

What's new
  • New default bank by Dominique Huchet aka tinga.
  • New Tuning Lock button.
  • Fixed multiple Dark Theme GUI glitches.
  • Fixed Arpeggiator on/off buttons with 150% / 200% GUI sizes.
  • Delay now mutes on All Sound Off MIDI message.
A demo version is available at Corona page http://www.discodsp.com/corona/
Previous Corona customers can update to R5.1 for free at discoDSP Members Area

Numanoid
KVRAF

Re: discoDSP Corona Synth updated to R5.1

Post Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:48 am

Thanks for the update :tu:

Return to “Instruments”