Z3TA+ 2 Bug Report Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plauto wrote:There seems to be a bug in lfo, when using the option Wave1- Random, knobs become slow, it is almost impossible to make any changes.

Now this is how to show us a bug :)

Thanks, we'll take a look.

briandesmond wrote:
plauto wrote:There seems to be a bug in lfo, when using the option Wave1- Random, knobs become slow, it is almost impossible to make any changes.

Didn't your sound designers notice this whilst testing and programming presets.
That's some bug, should have been noticed right away :roll: :wink:

briandesmond wrote:I just grabbed it, thanks Tek.
Thanks I'm interested to see what's different about this .mid file that causes it not to work.......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

rob_lee wrote:Didn't your sound designers notice this whilst testing and programming presets.
They didn't, and not only did we have a pretty large sound design team, but we assembled a brand new synth beta team from people we polled right here at KVR.

They all logged a ton of bugs, and we managed to fix just about all of them in time for release. We fixed tons of old stuff from Z1 in this update too, but it looks like a few things still slipped through.

I'll tell you this, none of the 8 bugs listed in the beginning of this thread as of right now were reported, but we're working on a plan to fix some of this stuff.

Hi folks,
I'm one of the developers who worked on Z3TA+ 2. I have an idea how to fix some of these issues, such as reducing memory usage.
For example, I now know of an issue with imported arp patterns that contain program changes. We should make Z3TA+ 2 ignore those in an update.
Thanks,
Ben

briandesmond wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Didn't your sound designers notice this whilst testing and programming presets.
They didn't, and not only did we have a pretty large sound design team, but we assembled a brand new synth beta team from people we polled right here at KVR.
Now that's some slap in the "KVR superiority" face :hihi:

I guess now they'll try to slap person which did selection or something similar :hihi:

Anyway or other good luck in fixing bugs and congrats for this release :)

Well, this shows that sound designers are not testers and they will design patches even if there is no sound, no gui, nothing. All they need is list of parameters :hihi: :hihi: :wink:

briandesmond wrote:

Maybe you guys should learn something from Reaper - it has an integrated screencap movie feature and consequently a large percentage of bug reports are in this visual manner - very effective (also as a tutorial tool of course)

Just a note of thanks to all the Cakewalk devs lurking around here. You won't find anyone quicker on the draw than the KVR folks. Nice work benstat.

kmonkey wrote:
briandesmond wrote:
Now that's some slap in the "KVR superiority" face :hihi:

I guess now they'll try to slap person which did selection or something similar :hihi:

Anyway or other good luck in fixing bugs and congrats for this release :)
Actually that was a valid question IMO, if the guy thought i was taking the piss so be it :wink: It's just a bug that you'd think would have been noticed straight away by someone trying tp program a preset using those features shown, it's not rocket science.

Chow :wink:

briandesmond wrote:, but we're working on a plan to fix some of this stuff.

That's great news..............are you also working on a plan to release the FX version of Z3ta 2? :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

benstat wrote:Hi folks,
I'm one of the developers who worked on Z3TA+ 2. I have an idea how to fix some of these issues, such as reducing memory usage.
For example, I now know of an issue with imported arp patterns that contain program changes. We should make Z3TA+ 2 ignore those in an update.
Thanks,
Ben
Good to see you here! Always nice to be able to communicate with the person who's in control of the ones and zeros.......... :) Did you get a chance to look at the midi file I posted earlier? It shouldn't have any program changes imbedded but perhpas the Host it was created in adds a PC to it's midi files? That would explain why Z2 jumps to the first preset in the selected folder when trying to use one of the suspect arps. The Midi files I've created in other Hosts today have all worked perfectly.........perhaps it's something host specific............ :)

I went through the Z+2 USER manual last night - To whom shall I send the list of errors/omissions?

BTW - CW's presence and attention in this thread is heartening - thanks guys!

1-2-Many wrote:BTW - CW's presence and attention in this thread is heartening - thanks guys!
Yes, very heartening in deed. Waiting till all these things have been fixed before I upgrade... :wink:
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Teksonik wrote:Did you get a chance to look at the midi file I posted earlier?
Yes I did thanks. Your midi file helped me to find the cause of the problem - a program change message in the arp pattern. You could be right about it being host specific, but regardless, Z3TA+ 2 should ignore program changes in arp patterns anyway.
Thanks again,
Ben

Return to “Instruments”